GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - Crushed by the power of the X-Box"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/09/01 at 18:00
Regular
It is just me or is the Game cube and Nintendo as we know it going to be crushed by the X-Box. There is no hope in hell that it could compete. For years Nintendo has been producing consoles. Starting with the NES all the way to the Gamecube with Gamboys on the way. Their only fault is their quality of games. What's with all the cartoon game like Pokemon and Zelda. Nearly every game that is popular on the Nintendo has been cartoonified. Are computer cartoons taking over consoles?

This is where the X-Box takes over. Microsoft have no worry in launching their first console. Most of the games that will be released on the launch date has been released before on the PC and Playstation and have done well. The Playstation 2 managed to keep the cartoons away but it doesn't quite do it for me.

I have had and N64 since it first came out and through my time with it, i've found it quite hard to find a game with good, serious graphics. I want my game heroes to have names like Terminator and Razor. Not Pikachu and Conker. It's just like childrens TV nowadays too! Do you remember when you were little and you had your favourite cartoons. I remember MASK, Thundercats and He-Man. They all has giant robots, bad guys, fast cars and guns! What do they have nowadays? Furry little fluffballs with silly names. That includes the Teletubbies however cool Dipsie is! Erm...anyway if the Game Cubes is all cartoons and classic labels, I don't want to know about it.

New gaming ideas, less cartoonified games and violent children's TV programs is the idea that i leave you with. So if the Game Cube does turn out like every other Nintendo console, i advise you to "say no to Nintendo". I won't even mention Dreamcast but buy an X-Box!
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:13
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Same here cooky!
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
And no doubts they'll release a VGA box thing, so that you can connect your X-Box to your computer monitor. Ooooo wouldn't that be great! 2 PC's!

Pahhh! I for one ain't gonna waste me hard earned cash on an X-Box!

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:49
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Try lookin at the releast list from all companies for the game cube! You will find that there are alot of none cartoon games as well as some! This time there are appealing to all ages! If I wanted to play microsofts games, I already can on my PC!!!!! Why do I need to buy another expensive machine that doesnt have a screen of its own, so u need a TV!!!!!
Thu 04/10/01 at 23:21
Regular
Mitchno1 wrote:
> Well i've made my mind up now, i just went an bought a ps2 and damn happy with
> my choice!

Well that's your problem.
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:28
Well i've made my mind up now, i just went an bought a ps2 and damn happy with my choice!
Mon 01/10/01 at 10:53
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Britney...... erm......

GAMECUBE
Sat 29/09/01 at 20:14
I want lots of things but the list would be too long to write.
Sat 29/09/01 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Gamecube!

Orange Soda!

Mario Kart

I think i'll stop now
Sat 29/09/01 at 18:53
Gamcube and xbox
Sat 29/09/01 at 18:52
bag of chips
YAY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.