GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty, The Next Medal of Honour?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I think so anyway.

I've read allot about Call of Duty over the past few months and everything I've read seems to suggest this is shaping up to be one hell of a game. It's a WW2 based FPS, created by ex members of 2015 who previously worked on MOH: Allied Assault.

The game itself is based around the closing years of the war, it spans 4 campaigns which take you from Normandy, straight into Berlin which is the overall objective of the game. The game also lets you play three different sides as you advance through occupied Europe, the ever present Americans, The (Finally we get a mention) British and perhaps best of the lot Russians, where you get fight through the ruined city streets of Stalingrad which looks, from the screenshots I've seen, amazing.

There's also more of an emphasis on team play in the game since in most battles you'll be accompanied by squads of fellow soldiers. The developers have also promised that some battles will include up to 300 troops on screen at one time which sounds hefty but will amazing if they pull it off.

Still, if you have yet to hear, or even see this game there is a demo out now which was released late last night.

It's got one level and sees you as part of a squad of US paratroopers the night before the Normandy beach landings. It's a great demo that really gives you feel of how the final game will play, plenty of high octane action as you fight through hedgerows and towns as you approach the objective to destroy 3 Anti-Aircraft guns. Try one of the links below to get the demo:

http://www.loadedinc.com/news.php?id=2256

http://www.computergames.ro/ download.php?optiune=show_download&did=1946

http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/demo.asp?id=6089

Official Site:
http://www.callofduty.com/pc/main.html
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Belldandy wrote:
> I'd prefer all the effort was put into the single player game, online
> it's going to be "just" another FPS.

Same here. I think if developers want to make single player games, they should make single player game, I couldn't really give a stuff about what online functions Call of Duty will have, I just want some world class single player action.
Tue 02/09/03 at 11:54
Regular
Maybe not.
Tue 02/09/03 at 11:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'd prefer all the effort was put into the single player game, online it's going to be "just" another FPS.
Tue 02/09/03 at 11:45
Regular
YaY!
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
[lol]
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:45
Regular
It is. Very much so. And yes, it would rock.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:44
Regular
Is this game gonna be playable online? I hope so, it will be so good online :D
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:45
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> gerrod!!! wrote:
> I hope they leave out that weird auto-aim thing for the final
> version.
>
> -------
>
> What auto aim?
>
> You look through your sights, aim and shoot. You do it yourself.

He was saying he was so good it was as though there was an auto-aim function.

IT WASNT FUNNY GErArD
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> You could've just left it to download...
>
> You don't have to sit and stare at your monitor waiting for the
> percentage to go up.

No, it would involve leaving the comp on all night and my mum has been going mad about the electricity bill.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:42
Regular
"That's right!"
gerrod!!! wrote:
> I hope they leave out that weird auto-aim thing for the final version.

-------

What auto aim?

You look through your sights, aim and shoot. You do it yourself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.