GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News just in- PGR 2 looks amazing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh baby. Polish my balls and serve me a milkshake- can this game look any better?

Go to xbox.ign.com then the PGR 2 screens and then the latest images.

Christmas will be good this year.
Sun 31/08/03 at 04:59
Regular
"8==="
I only ever cheat to get multiplayer stuff, cheating in the single player would be pointless.

I unlocked all the multiplayer characters in Nightfire with a cheat because I was bored with the single player and didn't want to go through it again to get them.

Games like Brute Force, TS2, Burnout 2 and Red Faction etc I get the multiplayer extras without cheating because it worthwhile, enjoyable and you get a sense of achievement.
Sun 31/08/03 at 13:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As far as the sequel goes, I hope they take out the gang rape style AI in areas such as quick race. No exaggeration - time and again I've been boxed in and shoved against walls by a couple of AI cars who seem to have no intention of trying to win the race, but instead knock my speed down so that the AI car at the front can gain extra seconds on me.

I've gone back to the game recently to try and earn some of the better cars and most of the time I've ended up throwing wild abuse at it. Bloody annoying !

I've got to the very hard area of quick race - I have all golds on the races including the New York track on very hard - but I still have to do London, Tokyo and San Fransisco. Unfortunatly I keep getting royally screwed.

If I remember right, I think I've got to the very hard mode on arcade race - the cone challenges have just got really annoying now and on the Kudos challenge I'm on the professional level - but I'm at the point now where I really need a better car to progress any further. Got the Corvette from the one on one challenge which I think is utter crap and I want the Ferrari F355 which I need all golds on very hard quick race to get. But of course with that currently being a complete piece of backdoor ramming filth, thats not happening anytime soon.

Poxy Gaming Rape - the real name of PGR. I really hope the sequel isn't this bad - I certainly don't remember MSR being this bloody annoying.
Sun 31/08/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Savatt78 wrote:
> the gang rape style AI
> backdoor ramming filth
> Poxy Gaming Rape - the real name of PGR.

I'm sensing you're just a little miffed with PGR :-) I share your annoyance. That's why I'm not that excited about the sequel. At the moment, it's way down on my list of future purchases.
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> FORD
> Mustang Fastback ('67)

Brilliant, Mustangs are easily my favourite cars. I'm defo getting PGR2 anyway, but that's just sealed the deal.

:)
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mantis wrote:

> The only other fear I have is the pace of the game. PGR started a bit slow with the rubbish cars, hopefully the sequal will have a good sensation of speed right from the start.

Well, I think this time around, instead of unlocking loads of crappy cars by gaining a certain amount of Kudos. You get to save up your Kudos points and 'spend' them on any car you can afford. So you could get some pretty nippy motors quite early on.
Sun 31/08/03 at 17:08
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> MITSUBISHI
> Lancer Evolution VIII
>
> PAGANI
> Zonda S 7.3
>
> VAUXHALL
> VX220 Turbo

DUDE

DUDE

DUDE

*self wets*
Sun 31/08/03 at 17:45
"I love yo... lamp."
It's the Koeneggsigg CC and the Noble M12 that I'm excited about seeing.

I know how you feel Savatt. On the Bizarre Creations forum there was a bit from a guy who finally completed PGR. Says it was all made up for when he completed the game.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:17
Regular
"none as yet"
Sorry for butting-in but i'am a "Just Arrived" and allowences need to be made! But in GPR didn't it seem strange that you could belt yourself in to a wall at 140mph and just get away with a dented wing or lose a mirror. hopfully abit more realisum and some wicked crash replays will be in part 2!!
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:26
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea but considering the cars in PGR are officially liscensed then we should be pretty grateful that there's any damage at all, I mean, look at Gran Turismo, the cars just bounce off the wall.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:35
Regular
"none as yet"
Point taken !! But wouldn't it be great to destroy the barriers on tower bridge in a F1 Mclaren, distance comps would be endless and some blinding replays. GPR was great but could have been so much more!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.