GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News just in- PGR 2 looks amazing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh baby. Polish my balls and serve me a milkshake- can this game look any better?

Go to xbox.ign.com then the PGR 2 screens and then the latest images.

Christmas will be good this year.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh baby. Polish my balls and serve me a milkshake- can this game look any better?

Go to xbox.ign.com then the PGR 2 screens and then the latest images.

Christmas will be good this year.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:07
Regular
Its going to be shweet! Looking forward to it more than GT4 and Mario Kart put together. I can't wait to see the full rendered environments as they were the only graphical let down with the first PGR. What makes it such a fantastic series is how fun it is to play and providing the keep the variety with cone challenges, one on one races etc I will be picking this up on the day of release.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
But 8 new cities!

Hell yea.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:25
Regular
Providing they haven't gone for quantity over quality it will be one of the best games this year for me.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:30
"I love yo... lamp."
*tries to look disinterested*

Would have been better had it been Glasgow instead of Edinburgh.

But still it's MSR3! Woohoo!!eleven
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well yea I have the quantity/quality fear too but i'm sure it'll all come good. None of the original cities(london, tokyo etc) will feature in the sequal apparantly although they would be good unlockables I think. The only other fear I have is the pace of the game. PGR started a bit slow with the rubbish cars, hopefully the sequal will have a good sensation of speed right from the start.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:40
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm not sure I can be bothered grinding through another 'MSR' game. I've find them a little on the clinical side, if you know what I mean... Addictive, but for the wrong reasons -
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:44
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have no idea what you're on about mate.
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:49
Regular
How could a game be addictive for the wrong reasons? It looks (the cars at least) and sound amazing and its fantastic fun to play. Where does the "wrong" part step in?
Sun 31/08/03 at 00:50
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Mantis wrote:
> I have no idea what you're on about mate.

Well, one example: the cities, they've recreated the exact streets, buildings, landmarks etc, but they feel like ghost towns, mainly because there's no people there. Wouldn't it be better if there were crowds lining the streets giving you the impression that the races were real? Seeing that PGR is a game attempting to recreate realism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.