GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News just in- PGR 2 looks amazing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh baby. Polish my balls and serve me a milkshake- can this game look any better?

Go to xbox.ign.com then the PGR 2 screens and then the latest images.

Christmas will be good this year.
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:48
"Lemon eyewash"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I remember reading about the 60hz bull sheet a while back. How stupid
> to knock seconds off your time using 60hz mode when most people will
> get flicker trying to run that mode on standard PAL TV's!

my TV i use is like 15 years old and it can do 60Hz pal but not NTSC lol so if my set can do it then you need a new TV mate :-P
Sun 31/08/03 at 23:30
"I love yo... lamp."
Can't please everyone. I'm not a Mario Kart fan after all.
Sun 31/08/03 at 23:08
Regular
I don't care how good the game looks to be honest. I was disappointed with MSR and was disappointed with PGR.

I will not be getting the third installment.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:35
"I love yo... lamp."
A lot of TVs now can handle 60 Hz.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I knew about it from MSR on the DC. Hehe.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:19
Regular
man those screenshots look good
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:17
Regular
I remember reading about the 60hz bull sheet a while back. How stupid to knock seconds off your time using 60hz mode when most people will get flicker trying to run that mode on standard PAL TV's!
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
A Zonda? It does not get any better than that.

And Savatt, get the 355 and PGR will open up more. Its a bit of a slog through some tough races but hopefully you'll have made things easier on yourself by playing in 60HZ mode.

PGR 2 is above Halo 2 for me now.
Sun 31/08/03 at 21:39
"I love yo... lamp."
PGR. Look, PGR. Now that that's sorted...

I'm glad there isn't more damage. PGR is a fast flowing sort of game, and damage would slow it down and make it more sim like. If I wanted that I would get An F1 game or Colin McRae or something. It would be a nice touch if you could damage the scenery though. Possibly this time round you will be able to, though I doubt it. The reason it's possible this time is that the buildings are all now rendered and not just pictures. hence you could alter them as the game is running.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:35
Regular
"none as yet"
Point taken !! But wouldn't it be great to destroy the barriers on tower bridge in a F1 Mclaren, distance comps would be endless and some blinding replays. GPR was great but could have been so much more!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.