GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the best XBox games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 20:53
Regular
Okay, I'm a long time Nintendo fan, but I do also like games Nintendo don't make, mainly Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex:Invisible War, two great games coming to the PC and XBox. I'd be better off money-wise getting an XBox, but what other games can you suggest for the XBox, games that are out and games that are coming out. Obviously there are the likes of Halo and Project Gotham, but what others can you reccomend?
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:01
Regular
Nah not at all. My PC is a bag of totty at the best of times. Racing games anf footie games never work on PC's... Come to think of it aside from strategy games I hate playing games on PC :)
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:57
Regular
Bah. I wouldn't call that 100% rock solid, though, until the news pops up in some other places. After all, Sony payed Konami a damn lot to keep it exclusive. But if it does happen, look on the bright side, would you really want to play a footy game with a keyboard and mouse?
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:54
Regular
Teletext BBC 1 with spokesman from Konami.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:53
Regular
Football games play crap on PC and everyone knows it, in fact there's barely a market for them and I wouldn't be surprised if what you've just said turns out to be untrue. But alas, I may be wrong; do you have a source?
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:45
Regular
I guess you haven't heard that Pro Evolution 3 is heading to PC for definite this Novemeber then? Yet ANOTHER PS2 exclusive chain goes multi platform. Starting to piece me off now as I wish it had more exclusive franchises.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:41
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> PS2 Christmas release looks sheet! Thankfully I have 10 + odd
> exclusives that will keep me happy until the likes of Far Cry and
> Manhunt get released.

Well, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 may well be the best game of Christmas. And there's also the very promising BG&E, and Prince of Persia.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:40
Regular
Lugwig wrote:
> Sadly, I already have some of those games for my PS2, GameCube and PC.

You'll find that. I enjoy my Xbox mainly because I don't particularly enjoy PC gaming. There isn't THAT much the Xbox has to offer if you've got a decent PC and enjoy playing games on it. There is LIVE, which is no doubt better that PC online, and a few complete exclusives here and there (e.g. Project Gotham Racing 2), but effectively, it's a gaming PC.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:39
Regular
PS2 Christmas release looks sheet! Thankfully I have 10 + odd exclusives that will keep me happy until the likes of Far Cry and Manhunt get released.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:36
Regular
As far as exclusives go, you'll want to take a look at The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind; a very long, deep and detailed RPG, and Halo; a FPS with brilliant gameplay, especially in vehicles. Looking at the future, there's Knights of the Old Republic, Project Gotham Racing 2, Deus Ex 2: Invisible War, Operation Flashpoint, Halo 2, Fable, BC and more.

The Xbox is also great for third party titles as it usually has the best versions - I currently own Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Burnout 2: Point of Impact, two great games. In the future, I hope to get XGRA, XIII and Star Wars: Galaxies among other multiformat releases. Speaking of Galaxies, there's also the brilliant LIVE service - I haven't had first hand experience, but it promises a very fluid and social gaming experience. I am looking forward to it once I get broadband in my area.

I would recommend getting an Xbox; the back catalogue may currently appear a little lacklustre up against that of the GameCube and PS2, but it will most certainly prove itself in time to be a fantastic machine. See if you can pick one up second hand; saving some cash for the excellent Christmas releases across all platforms this year.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:35
Regular
Freedom Fighters, Deus Ex 2 and op flashpoint aren't. And loads of what the other guy said aren't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.