GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the best XBox games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 20:53
Regular
Okay, I'm a long time Nintendo fan, but I do also like games Nintendo don't make, mainly Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex:Invisible War, two great games coming to the PC and XBox. I'd be better off money-wise getting an XBox, but what other games can you suggest for the XBox, games that are out and games that are coming out. Obviously there are the likes of Halo and Project Gotham, but what others can you reccomend?
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Bail down before me"
Well done you have finally seen that xbox is fare greater than gamecube
Id go for
Halo maybe halo 2 when i comes out
Maybe not project gothem racing if you want that wait for number 2
Dead or alive
Star wars knights of the old republic
Ghost recon
Definatly Half life 2 and deus ex 2
Sun 07/09/03 at 12:16
Regular
3 or 4 years ago, the PC was my favourite. Firstly, my PC could play any new game that came out, unlike now, and secondly, there were more great games, most of which were exclusives. Half-Life, Champ Manager, Command and Conquer, Rainbow Six, Hitman, Project IGI, Wolfenstein, Operation Flashpoint. Now, the PC is always second best to the consoles. Oh well.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:12
Regular
What? I never said otherwise!

I remember stating the Xbox doesn't ALWAYS have the best multiformat releases, and that the few extras aren't really anything to go crazy about, but I've always said it's nice to have the better version if you can.
Wed 03/09/03 at 08:39
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
>
> The Xbox is also great for third party titles as it usually has the
> best versions -

Well somebody's changed their tune...

Good. ;)
Tue 02/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Full Spectrum Warrior looks the nuts. PGR 2 as was said. Plus Halo 2 and Half Life 2 and Doom 3.

+ many others. The more you look at the release schedule the more you'll see games you'll probably like.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:22
Regular
Red Alert, Desperados, Commandos etc are tailer made for PC gaming. Anything else I don't have the patience to look at. Critical erros can go kiss my...
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:19
Regular
I've not played a decent point and click for ages. last one I played was Discworld 2, which was ok, my fave was Day of the Tentacle or Monkey Island though.

I think that genre has kicked the bucket :(
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:17
Regular
I enjoy Rise of Nations, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life and Broken Sword on my PC. Point 'N' Clicks, RTS and fast-moving FPS, as you say, are perfect on PC. But that's about it.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:14
Regular
PC is good for some games though, I think it's tailor made for RTS's like Red Alert, fast paced FPS like Unreal Tournament, and hardcore simulations.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:12
Regular
Yup. My sentiments exactly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.