GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the best XBox games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 20:53
Regular
Okay, I'm a long time Nintendo fan, but I do also like games Nintendo don't make, mainly Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex:Invisible War, two great games coming to the PC and XBox. I'd be better off money-wise getting an XBox, but what other games can you suggest for the XBox, games that are out and games that are coming out. Obviously there are the likes of Halo and Project Gotham, but what others can you reccomend?
Thu 11/09/03 at 10:32
Regular
JET SET RADIO: FUTURE... is a dissapointment but nevertheless a great... great game.
Wed 10/09/03 at 19:23
Regular
How can you say how many exclusives a console has doesn't matter? I got a PS2 and GameCube in the first place because of their exclusives. Imagine a console with Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Mario Zelda, Halo, Splinter Cell, all as exclusives. "Nah, I wouldn't buy that, even though it has loads of exclusives". Whatever. Screw getting an XBox. Maybe number 2.......
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:29
Regular
Even now I own all 3 exclusives are crucial.
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:24
Regular
I bought my Xbox because I wanted to play Jet Set Radio Future. That was my only reason.

Just like my only reason for buying a GameCube was originally for Super Smash Bros Melee.

Obviously exclusives play their part - but once you've got the consoles, what does it matter who has the exclusives?
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
Yes but you buy consoles for their exclusive games mainly. Exclusive titles do sell consoles and if they didn't then there would be something drastically wrong *coughdreamcastcough*. Despite all the fantastic exclusives the Dreamcast had everyone went for the PS2 because of GTA games and other exclusive games which Sony had marketed well. I see very very few adverts on TV for multifromat games...
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
Lugwig, I have over 30 games for Gamecube and almost 20 for Xbox (rough count) and I have near enough the same amount of exclusives on my Xbox as I do my GameCube.

Exclusives don't make a console better. They give an incentive to buy a console, but don't improve the console itself.

I like my Xbox just as much as my Gamecube. I couldn't care less what exclusives are on which.
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
Will you shut up and piece off. We know the GameCube has a wider range of exclusive titles at the moment but it will change. We don't need you to say the Xbox only has Splinter Cell when its probably the only bloody Xbix game you have played.
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
Look people, remember that Splinter Cell is also on PC, GameCube AND PS2. By the looks of it, the XBox does not have many top EXCLUSIVES!!! Exclusives, do you see? Like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, top gamecube EXCLUSIVES!! I'm gonnga get abused for this.
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:23
Regular
You do know it's possible to like two consoles, don't you?
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Bail down before me"
Sorry i forgot the best one splinter cell this has to be a must for a;ll xbox gamers but again if you want you can wait for number 2 to come out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.