GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOM vs NGC"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/09/01 at 19:04
Regular
NGC is much better then NOM because you get more information about games on the GC and GBA and you get a video in one of the issues and NOM do not even know about Mario Advance two yet.
Sat 29/09/01 at 17:19
NOM is the worst gaming magazine I have EVER read. If you just look at the layout, they use half a page for the title, a massive picture of something and maybe 3 huge screenshots, and the smallest peice of text ever. They must think everyone is 6 and just wants to look at big pictures!! I felt embarassed reading it and came away detesting the bloody thing. OH has this topic hit a nerve. And the way they go on about greystation and all that, they must think they are so cool. Forget crayons, I've heard they are going to give away nappies with Mario on them!!!

Ahhh, thats better. Bring back TOTAL I say
Mon 01/10/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yes Total was a CLASSIC mag which I use to read and it was gr8!
NOM use to be great to, and each review etc had a good ol passage of text to go along with it. I just waiting for the day, that it goes back to how it use to be and then it will be a great magazine once again.
Mon 01/10/01 at 18:34
just wait a few days - I have spent weeks preparing a huge comparison between the two mags. The better one will be clear VERY soon!
Mon 01/10/01 at 18:44
Regular
Hi Chr!stos do you like smints!h
Tue 02/10/01 at 15:19
Regular
"DS..."
look john j, i don't know what it is with your obsession with smints, but would you stop asking people if they like them! if they do like them then thats fine but not in this forum ok?
slik ~_~
Thu 04/10/01 at 15:57
Actually, before the time NOM decided to go all 'kiddie' like, with excrutiatingly cutesy front covers, etc..., the actual journalism was very good. In those days, they were known as Nintendo Magazine System (NMS). Now however, they just plaster the reveiws with loads of screenshots, and hardly any writing.

I prefer well written journalism, than loads of screenshots. This is one the reasons why I love Digitiser. As they cannot show screenshots of games, they have to rely on good journalism. And I like the way they write about games.

Back to the topic, I much prefer NGC, because of their style of journalism. Things like their features, reviews, news, etc are a pleasure to read. After a while, I just stopped reading NOM, because the topics and style they slowly changed to, became too immature (or kiddie-like, if you like).

The other magazine I used to love was N64 Pro. They too, at the start, had a great writing team, who knew what they were writing about, and relied on their writing to sell the magazine. But since its decline (notably after Paragon Publishing bought it out), it became nothing more than a picture book for little kids.

So there you have it, my N64 magazine preferences. In terms of the general gaming press, I bought Arcade until they stopped making them in the 'big, fat' format, and I also liked to read Edge (although it's a bit expensive to buy all the time).
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:02
Just writing to say 64 magazine has been cancelled and they will release a NGC mag called CUBE in a few months.
Thu 04/10/01 at 21:53
Regular
what kind of magazine is Edge? Nintendo or all formats?
Thu 04/10/01 at 22:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goemon wrote:
> well ngc gave clayfighter 8% whats that!

A good decision. It is b@lls.
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:48
Edge is all formats.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.