GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOM vs NGC"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/09/01 at 19:04
Regular
NGC is much better then NOM because you get more information about games on the GC and GBA and you get a video in one of the issues and NOM do not even know about Mario Advance two yet.
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:47
Regular
I buy NOM and NGC, and I prefer NGC by far.
NOM is good, but I think it's a bit too unimformitive and they are a bit too kind with the game ratings.e.g:the world is not enough - 94%, ok it's good, but not that good.
On the other hand, NGC is longer and more informitive.
Lovely !!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 18:57
NOM Rules even though they didn't know about Mario advance 2
Tue 09/10/01 at 20:21
Exactly my thoughts :) But either way Clayfighter is inexcusably bad. The mental image of that five minutes I played it for will haunt me for the rest of my days. (Another over exaggeration but damn poetic!)
Tue 09/10/01 at 17:00
Regular
A slight over exaduration there...
Tue 09/10/01 at 10:16
I read somewhere that having hot needles stuck into your eyes is more pleasureable than playing Clayfighter. I know the game is bad, but... Is that a good description?
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:48
Edge is all formats.
Thu 04/10/01 at 22:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goemon wrote:
> well ngc gave clayfighter 8% whats that!

A good decision. It is b@lls.
Thu 04/10/01 at 21:53
Regular
what kind of magazine is Edge? Nintendo or all formats?
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:02
Just writing to say 64 magazine has been cancelled and they will release a NGC mag called CUBE in a few months.
Thu 04/10/01 at 15:57
Actually, before the time NOM decided to go all 'kiddie' like, with excrutiatingly cutesy front covers, etc..., the actual journalism was very good. In those days, they were known as Nintendo Magazine System (NMS). Now however, they just plaster the reveiws with loads of screenshots, and hardly any writing.

I prefer well written journalism, than loads of screenshots. This is one the reasons why I love Digitiser. As they cannot show screenshots of games, they have to rely on good journalism. And I like the way they write about games.

Back to the topic, I much prefer NGC, because of their style of journalism. Things like their features, reviews, news, etc are a pleasure to read. After a while, I just stopped reading NOM, because the topics and style they slowly changed to, became too immature (or kiddie-like, if you like).

The other magazine I used to love was N64 Pro. They too, at the start, had a great writing team, who knew what they were writing about, and relied on their writing to sell the magazine. But since its decline (notably after Paragon Publishing bought it out), it became nothing more than a picture book for little kids.

So there you have it, my N64 magazine preferences. In terms of the general gaming press, I bought Arcade until they stopped making them in the 'big, fat' format, and I also liked to read Edge (although it's a bit expensive to buy all the time).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.