GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Ghost recon: Island thunder tomorrow? I've got £12 credit at a store so i can pick this up for £7, anyone got it early?
Fri 05/09/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
But I find the squad command interface of Recon great, no problems at all.

On another note, first thing I'll be doing Monday morning is ringing GAME to cancel my Conflict Desert Storm 2 Preorder. Played the demo through twice, and sad to report that it's essentially the same as the first game, with clunkier controls and worse graphical glitches.

Plus any review saying the AI is improved is lying. First time I played, Connor's lobbed a grenade at a wall for no reason, which exloded, killing everyone on the team. Enemies still ignore you/suicidally charge at you. The urban setting sucks, too much of it is closed off to you, glitches in the graphics like when you run are still there, the glitch which sees your team mates sometimes run superfast to you is still there...I still think the original is great, but this sequel won't be added to my games collection until it hits the 2 for 30 offers.

Had high hopes for this one but, despite OXM's quite glowing review, it's not worth the money IMO, going to preorder Soul Calibur 2 - I usually hate fighting games but the demo is totally amazing, having weapons makes a big difference to play, or at least makes it look more interesting !
Fri 05/09/03 at 22:21
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> What's so bad about Ghost Recon then Alastair ?

Found it unbelievably boring yet I love those style of games where you command a team. Conflict Desert Storm, Counter Strike, Swat and to a lesser and different extent the Commandos series and Desperados. With Ghost Recon everything fealt the same and the satisfaction level was extremely low. First mission I thought "great" until I played it and realised that commanding my team was going to be more frustrating than Rick Waller trying to get his leg over a pigs chest.

However I was willing to give the so called "different" objectives a shot yet when I played the airport mission where you have to find and recover a plane before take off it fealt exactly the same and it was incredably tedious to play. I ended up going on my own because trying to organise a team was a waste of time as all they did was take out everyone before I had gotten to the position every single time. Thats how it went for 5-6 missions and then I took it back.

Online play was more fun as you only had to take full control of one soldier and you could talk to your team and tell them where to go.

One game that should pull all the stops is the very intesting Swat: Global Strike Team which for the first time in the series has gone for full on FPS action where you only have to other team members to control. Apparently they are including the gun in FP mode as well so unlike Ghost Recon and Swat 3 you will be able to see the weapon. For me that is crucial.

Of course its all my opinion so I don't need you to reply with hundreds of paragraphs telling me I am wrong. I am speaking purely on the behalf of moi :)
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:57
Regular
"8==="
I wish I had LIVE but at the moment I don't. :(
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:41
Regular
"8==="
Just got hold of a spare 20 quid. Might get it or I might try and get some games in a 2 for 1 deal.

I'll probably be getting GR:IT though.
Fri 05/09/03 at 16:40
Regular
What's so bad about Ghost Recon then Alastair ?
Fri 05/09/03 at 16:08
Regular
It should hopefully be better online .
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:42
Regular
Graphics don't make a game and they aren't that bad anyway. Its the gameplay thats key and Ghost Recon doesn't perform here in single player.
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:41
Regular
I hate Counter Strike, the graphics are so bad (and that's just for starters)
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:16
Regular
I had Ghost Recon for one day until I realised how shocking the single player was. Online I played for a bit and it was a lot better, still not a patch on Counter Strike.
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:12
Regular
Muuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Been playing this a bit. Tried out the single player for a few minutes and soon lost intrest in that, I bought it for the online experience so I really can't be bothered controlling a team and plotting way points and all that cess that comes with Tom Clancy games.

Went online with it for a couple of hours. It's okay, it's stupidly hard though and it's very difficult to learn the maps when you're dead after 30 seconds of the game starting.

The co-op games seem to me more fun though, at least that way I don't die so bloody quickly. Stupid thing is though, on some of the levels I don't seem to be able to find any of the enemies. I can hear gun fire, I can see my team mates shooting but the closest I tend to get to combat is when some gay ass nazi (I know the enemies aren't german really) shoots me in the face.

I got a feeling it'll be more fun when some of my friends get the game, till then though I see it being an uphill struggle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.