GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Ghost recon: Island thunder tomorrow? I've got £12 credit at a store so i can pick this up for £7, anyone got it early?
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Live games I'll be getting over the coming months (so far)...
Halo 2
Outlaw Volleyball
Top Spin
True Fantasy Live Online
Star Wars: Galaxies
NFL Fever 2004
PGR 2
Unreal 2
Tenchu
TOCA Race Driver
Rainbow Six 3
Amped 2
Counter Strike
Dead Or Alive Online
Conker
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:33
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Im just waiting for the price crash (not if i can find a decent 2nd hand xbox for £99), then i will have xbox live!
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Remember me?"
Live games I'll be getting in the future are Conker, Halo 2 and Amped 2. And I agree with you; games like Top Spin and Outlaw Volleyball will provide us with some variety when we all meet up.
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The likes of Outlaw Volleyball and Top Spin might be well worth all of us picking up. :-) They'll be games that will make for some laughs rather just running around fragging eachother and stuff. ;-))
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:21
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'd be up for meeting up on Live every so often. I'd much rather be playing with people who I know moderately well and can have a laugh with.

I have:

Midtown Madness 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War
Unreal Championship

I used to have Moto GP 2 and Midnight Club II, but I traded in Moto GP simply because it was rock and I traded in Midnight Club because I found Midtown Madness a far more entertaining take on street racing. Also not that keen on Wolfenstein online, but I'm hanging onto it because offline it's excellent.
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'll be pre-ordering Line Of Contact. ;-) Think I forgot to add Ghost Recon IT to my list below - opps. ;-)

I think your confidence in Live will come back over the next couple of months - theres plenty coming out to rekindle the interest. ;-)
Sat 06/09/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I only have;

Mech Assault
Moto GP
Midtown Madness 3
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon IT
PSO - not subscribed yet

Used to have Wolfensteain, Moto GP2 and Unreal but traded em all in 'cause I didn't like it.

Hey Sav, you've got Steel Batallion right ? Trsut you know about Lines Of Contact coming May next year ? I'm preordering 'cause I don't think retailers will get many more than what is preordered. Steek Battalion online may just be the thing which stops me cancelling Live.

For all my moaning about Live, ultimately it's going to be like £40 for a year, less than £4 a month, so I'll more than likely end up resubing whatever just to keep my tag and get content if nothing else.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Losing faith in XBox Live Belldandy ? Actually we should all really make an effort to meet up sometimes. We were all talking about doing it and we hardly ever seem to make any plans to do so - I'm just as guilty for it as anyone else. I have a couple of my offline friends on Live, so combined with you lot on here, we could probably set up some decent sized games on Live over various games cause theres a good number of us on Live.

Maybe we should all start making an effort to come up with an idea for meeting up - just a time over the weekend at least where we all try and get on for a game. That way there won't be so many problems looking for a game and we know we won't bump into any mongoids.

Anyone up for that ? If so we'll see whose interested and then look at what games we all have and then arrange stuff from there.

I have...
Wolfenstein
Mech Assault
Phantasy Star Online (although I'm looking to cancel my online subscription)
Unreal Championship
Midtown Madness 3
Moto GP 2
NFL Fever 2003 (will be updating to 2004 when it comes out)
Capcom vs SNK 2

I also have Midnight Club 2, but I'll probably get rid of that soon.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:30
Regular
Actually I recently experienced a graphics improvement on all my Xbox games - my old Proline TV conked out so I replaced it with a shiny new silver Toshiba 21in with Nicam - massive difference.
Sat 06/09/03 at 20:29
Regular
Again, I have no problems and can usually bring my men out alive, all of them. You need to consider angles of attack, and the teams work best if both work together - depending on the mission.

To be honest I find Live Recon play not much fun, with respawn it's pointless, without it games dissolve into "who dares move the most first" most of the time, and too many players act like they're Delta Force candidates in training...

I can't make my mind up with Live, to be honest I seem to spend longer finding matches on it, finding games, leaving games full of retards/annoying people than actually playing the games themselves. May give PSO a go online soon once I have levelled up my character a little, so fair it's a paltry level 14 female ranger, you get 60 days free so I don't want to waste them. At the moment I don't know it I'll renew in March, so far nothing online is, for me, truly memorable. Behind MS's hype I'm not sure how unmissable it really is... which will undoubtedly annoy those of you who can't get it I know.

I've heard MS will do scratchcards which let people sign up for 1, 3 and 12 months play on Live without a credit card, so I may just use those instead from March to just get downloadable content for games, unless anything comes out which has an online play that really interests me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.