GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*carefully steps in*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 22:05
Regular
err hey all I have decided to buy and xbox....not that anyone would actually care heh.

anyway I was curious if it can play foreign games....U.S. basically

OR do the games come out basically the same all around?

also if I got free serve broadband would live work ok?

sooo yea that's it basically, HEH. :-D
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:40
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's actually quite funny how much sheet some of you guys like to
> spew.

Its called opinions, something which you can't handle.
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:46
"I love yo... lamp."
Josh, you can get live with Freeserve broadband but presuming it is a USB ADSL modem then you will need to either get a router or an ethernet modem, or a network card and connect the Xbox to PC. All the info you will need is on the Xbox website.

As for chipping, it will get your Xbox banned from Live. The only way round that is to have a chip that can be switched on and off fitted. But still, mistakes do happen, and getting it back on live involves buying another Xbox. I don't think it is worth chipping. Stick with it as is.
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:56
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
I'd just like to say, i have a lower broadband connection than 500k, which is the recommended, but would live still work?
Sat 13/09/03 at 22:58
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Been playing it for a few hours and decided its not really that good
> - A tad to easy.

That's your problem, them.

Apparently, SC-2 is rather easy going at first (according to pretty much every magazine I've read), but push past that, and you'll find and excellent and challenging game.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:03
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its called opinions, something which you can't handle.

You say it like it's a fact, though, Ali - if you go around stating Soul Calibur is rubbish, like that's common knowledge or something, then Tiltawhirl has every right to point out you're talking balls.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:04
Regular
Soul Calibur 2 is a bit pants though :)

KOTOR on the other hand is muchos brilliant.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:07
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> then Tiltawhirl has every right to point out you're talking balls.

Soul Calibur 2 is the most over rated bull sheet that I haven played this year. He says we are talking bull sheet but the fact that people can't see past the fact that its the same bloody engine as Tekken only with weapons kind of makes it funny when they turn out saying that the Tekken series is a load of balls. I have seen so many people say that who go around sexing up Soul Calibur games like they are something special.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
afraid i have to disagree with you alastair...i THINK soul calibur 2 is really good...and better than dead or alive 3. but the best fighting game around imo has to be virtua fighter 4 evolution! if you want me to give reasons for a) why i think sc2 is good b) doa3 isn't THAT great or c) vf4 evo is the best....then i'd be happy too but at this precise moment i can't be bothered to write loads if no one is going to read it
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:44
Regular
I don't need reasons. Dead or Alive 3 is unbeatable.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:45
Regular
"accidental superher"
and i disagree :P

wanna take this outside?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.