GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The True Crime demo is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Tue 09/09/03 at 18:57
Regular
Awful to say the very least. He dances like a t*t when you go to shoot and the controls are very poorly laid out. Graphically its a step back from the GTA series and the driving sections are on a par with Enter the Matrix. I was shocked at how poor it was all round and considering the amount of hype surrounding it I wasn't surprised to see it turn out to be way below average. Its a shame to be honest as they couldn't have picked two worse levels to show the game off. The other huge disappointment was Rugby 2004 which is nothing like the original and no where near as good. Companies seem to be taking steps backwards these days and the word "progression" is something that EA are yet to comprehend with in any way shape or form.

On a good note I enjoyed the Colin McRae and Freedom Fighters demo but Soul Calibur 2 for me was just an upgrade of the first one and not a touch on Dead or Alive 3. I will have a bash on the Amplitude demo later along with the Zone of Enders and Formula One demos. Not a bad mag this month though and the demo disc rocks muchos!

Your views on the games on offer?
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:46
Regular
Its shocking in every way. I cringe thiking about it.
Tue 09/09/03 at 21:44
Regular
The graphics were shocking, how can you have such bad graphics like that?
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:45
Regular
Its bloody awful. Bad controls, poorly executed, aiming and moving is a pain and its going to be a complete disaster. They don't pick bad areas to show off a demo, companies pick the better areas to encourage people to buy the product. Anyone who is expecting it to turn into anything other than complete tripe is either:

a) desperate for another GTA style game.

b) wearing blinkers.

c) enjoys Enter the Matrix

Most other people can see that its another hype over substance game where they are hoping the so called "GTA KILLER" name by many ignorant PS2 magazines will be enough to make it sell. The chances are it will sell like hot cakes at a Rick Waller concert but that won't stop it from being tosh.
Tue 09/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
At the moment I'm not really going to judge True Crime by that demo because it simply wasn't long enough. I don't expected it to be a GTA beater though, I never did, so I don't think I'll be dissapointed with the final version, all I'm hoping for is a decent substitute until the next GTA arrives.
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
Had it on Xbox since launch and by the time its released on PC it will be quickly forgotten for Halo 2 only a few months afterwards.
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:56
Regular
Well after Desert Storm II i will be getting Halo for PC, just checking out some stuff to do with it.
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:50
Regular
Mine wasn't cracked but the last 2 the DVD's have been loose inside which annoys me.

As for the shooting sections in True Crimes... Appauling to say the very least. He dances like a total kn*b and he auto aims at different ones when he wants to. I can't believe how badly executed it is.
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
"  "
I haven't played the demos yet, sorry. But can I ask, does anyone else get cracked cases with their demos? Mine are always cracked. Maybe they get seconds?
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:44
Regular
I had a quick go and couldn't find the open door button :-) Eventually found it and it was like playing Driver 2 again, the graphics were no where near PS2 standard and don't even get me started on the next bit where you shoot them people.

And here was OPS2 hyping it up so much "The GTA killer" HA.
Tue 09/09/03 at 19:40
Regular
I haven't played it yet but I watched the Metal Gear trailer which was different from the one I downloaded. Was nearly wetting myself with excitement though, it looks the mutts nuts!

What did you think of True Crimes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.