GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The True Crime demo is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Tue 09/09/03 at 18:57
Regular
Awful to say the very least. He dances like a t*t when you go to shoot and the controls are very poorly laid out. Graphically its a step back from the GTA series and the driving sections are on a par with Enter the Matrix. I was shocked at how poor it was all round and considering the amount of hype surrounding it I wasn't surprised to see it turn out to be way below average. Its a shame to be honest as they couldn't have picked two worse levels to show the game off. The other huge disappointment was Rugby 2004 which is nothing like the original and no where near as good. Companies seem to be taking steps backwards these days and the word "progression" is something that EA are yet to comprehend with in any way shape or form.

On a good note I enjoyed the Colin McRae and Freedom Fighters demo but Soul Calibur 2 for me was just an upgrade of the first one and not a touch on Dead or Alive 3. I will have a bash on the Amplitude demo later along with the Zone of Enders and Formula One demos. Not a bad mag this month though and the demo disc rocks muchos!

Your views on the games on offer?
Sun 14/09/03 at 21:19
If this game reaches the top ten like The Great Escape did last week (2nd!), I will howl like wolves on a full moon.
Sun 14/09/03 at 20:23
Regular
I played through it again and dislike it even more than before. The controls are fiddly, the animation isn't fluid and he doesn't react to moves until about 2 seconds after the button has been pressed. It will flop in a big way apart from those who are silly enough to believe the hype. With 3 consoles to support I need demos to impress otherwise the games shall be left behind. This demo is utter guff and therefore I shall nor be going near it.
Sun 14/09/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've been playing the True Crime demo for the past hour or so and I'm actually starting to enjoy it a little more. Once you get used to the controls the game plays much better and you can get a little more done in the very small time allowed.

I like the way the cars handle now, they feel quite heavy and solid. And shooting them up is really cool, doors busting open, flames flying all over the place. The other section where you have a shoot out in the Spa is starting to grow on me too, the way he flicks the guns up to his hands is pretty smart and the way the surrounding pillars crumble is nice too.

Of course the demo would have been better if it was longer, but if you can sit through it a few times to get used to it then it does start to become more interesting.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:34
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
Sorry, i mean a preview
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
Its not out until November and according to OPS2 no one has a review of it yet. Gamerankings.com which is a database of all the top net sites doesn't have an entry for any of the platforms so I don't know where you got that info from...
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:29
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
Oh, some web-sites, magazines etc.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:27
Regular
What reviews?
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:23
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
I am a bit confused, the reviews and screenshots look amazing for true crime, but people have been saying it's not very good. Somebody please help me. Is it worth getting or not?
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:42
Regular
Well I don't. But if they are supposedly good levels then god help who ever buys it.
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"They couldn't have picked two worse levels to show the game off"

How do you know?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.