GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The True Crime demo is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets of LA'.
Tue 09/09/03 at 18:57
Regular
Awful to say the very least. He dances like a t*t when you go to shoot and the controls are very poorly laid out. Graphically its a step back from the GTA series and the driving sections are on a par with Enter the Matrix. I was shocked at how poor it was all round and considering the amount of hype surrounding it I wasn't surprised to see it turn out to be way below average. Its a shame to be honest as they couldn't have picked two worse levels to show the game off. The other huge disappointment was Rugby 2004 which is nothing like the original and no where near as good. Companies seem to be taking steps backwards these days and the word "progression" is something that EA are yet to comprehend with in any way shape or form.

On a good note I enjoyed the Colin McRae and Freedom Fighters demo but Soul Calibur 2 for me was just an upgrade of the first one and not a touch on Dead or Alive 3. I will have a bash on the Amplitude demo later along with the Zone of Enders and Formula One demos. Not a bad mag this month though and the demo disc rocks muchos!

Your views on the games on offer?
Wed 17/09/03 at 20:13
Regular
"  "
And where did you hear that KR?
Tue 16/09/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Wilson wrote:
> The proper sequel to GTAIII will be on the PS3, might be a launch
> title.

There was a report in the news section here on SR, that said GTA4 will be released on the current PS2. So maybe we could see it before the PS3 comes along.
Tue 16/09/03 at 18:49
Regular
Well I think I might rent the new GTA game before i consider buying it, Vice city wasn't that much of an improvement over GTAIII.

The proper sequel to GTAIII will be on the PS3, might be a launch title.
Tue 16/09/03 at 10:40
Regular
I'm a die-hard ninty and I have to confess GTA... is fantastic... people seem to get annoyed that the game gets dull after a while but it's after a long while and that happens with all games.

On the other hand Rockstar need to keep the games feeling fresh... because if you got board of GTA3 then GTA: VC doesn't seem that much more amazing... I mean I got board of VC far quicker than 3.

I guess we should all wait for the next installment... they are taking longer over it afterall.
Mon 15/09/03 at 20:01
Regular
Figo fail the first task and you get taken to the other area. I completed the first and got to fight the guy in that bar.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
How can you say Vice City is a bad game? Its hilarious fun, chasing pedestrians around the streets wielding a chainsaw is golden comedy.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:24
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
>The other section where you have a shoot
> out in the Spa is starting to grow on me too, the way he flicks the
> guns up to his hands is pretty smart and the way the surrounding
> pillars crumble is nice too.

Hmm, this is the demo with OPSM2 were talking about right? Because On mine I have the 'Race to the bar' level and then a one-on-one fight with 'Weng' is it? Anyway, as far as i knew, there was no shoot out part in the demo.

In the magazine it says there is a shooting level after 'Race to the bar' however I have a fight with Weng. Im confuzzeld
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:37
"period drama"
How can you say GTA3 was a bad game?
It just isn't.

"make a better stab at the genre"
GTA invented the blummin' genre.
Mon 15/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
I have played the demo again and totally agree with Ali, True crime sucks.

And you said your dissapointed by the last two GTA games? GTAIII was possibly the best game ever.
Mon 15/09/03 at 17:41
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Hmmmmm........

After feeling a bit let down by the last two GTAs, I was hoping this one would make a better stab at the genre.

I'll hold out for some reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.