GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Desert Storm II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Thu 11/09/03 at 19:19
Regular
Whilst looking at all the mags on sale in ASDA yesterday I noticed that there was a free playable demo of Desert Storm II.

Im getting the PS2 version on the 19th but I was wondering what you lot thought of the demo seeing as the versions will be similar.
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:04
Regular
"8==="
Corrected version:

Hedfix wrote:
> So given I buy games mainly for the purposes of multiplayer it seems
> like a good one to get. :)

ie getting Die Hard purely for it's multiplayer mode is what I am doing.

The single player mode is a bonus.
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:05
Regular
"8==="
There was an extra 'I'.
Tue 16/09/03 at 20:36
Regular
CDS-2 has a better multiplayer than Die Hard: Vendetta.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:09
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> CDS-2 has a better multiplayer than Die Hard: Vendetta.

How do you know? Its not even out yet...
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
Seeing as the multiplayer in the original was better than DH:V, the path of logic leads us to predict what I said with a certain degree of accuracy.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
Depends on how good the single player mode is. From what I have played it feels like an expansion more than anything else.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Remember me?"
Conflict: Desert Storm II then...

Been playing the demo of this quite a bit today, and I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed by it. That's not to say that I think it's a bad game; far from it. It's just that it's not really my thing. For someone with my "intelligence", having to co-ordinate your team members' movement and hand out orders and suchlike really requires to much brain cell rubbing.

Plus I also found the aiming - both with and without auto-aim activated - quite dodgy, along with the character movement and animation, which for me has a vast influence over the amount of enjoyment I'm going to get out of a game.

Graphics were quite nice though. :P
Tue 16/09/03 at 22:36
Regular
I get it Friday so i will be leaving college early friday afternoon :D
Wed 17/09/03 at 00:42
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> CDS-2 has a better multiplayer than Die Hard: Vendetta.

Co-op mabye but since it doesn't actually have a deathmatch mode it can hardly said to have a better deathmatch that Die Hard now can it?

If you check further down I believe I mentioned I was getting it for the Deathmatch and I have yet to finish co-operative play on the first C:DS.
Wed 17/09/03 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> For someone with my "intelligence", having to
> co-ordinate your team members' movement and hand out orders and
> suchlike really requires to much brain cell rubbing.
>
Hmmmmm. I wonder why you don't like Morrowind then... :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.