GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life after Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/03/07 at 22:36
Regular
Do you believe in life after death?. Following being diagnosed with cancer my life was put on stop, my world changed instantly. I and my family were in shock but I was not mad or asked why me?. I was however mad at the system that allowed me to get in this situation because there was history in my case that appeared not to mean a thing. I then had experiences that only convinced me that there are stranger things in heaven than on earth. Not a stranger to mystical events in the past I started a mission to work with cancer
Thu 03/05/07 at 18:16
Regular
On a different note, does anyone else think that Jesus' death is more of an assisted suicide than a murder?
Thu 03/05/07 at 20:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> To be honest, I think that the bible itself is an historical
> document that explains in great detail the life of Jesus. Just
> because its a religious text doesnt mean it cant be used as a
> record of history. The amount of information in one gospel alone
> is more than sufficient to paint a picture of what Jesus was
> like.

And now you're just repeating yourself. We know you think its a historical document, you're a christian. Your belief was never the issue.
But back in the real world, to accept things as historical facts they need to be independently verifiable. Now you made the claim that there were historical records and roman documentation that provided all this. When I asked you what these were, you couldnt actually detail anything. In conclusion you're no closer to showing that the bible(gospels) is widely accepted as a historical document than when you started.
Thu 03/05/07 at 21:07
Regular
"lets go back"
Well I did name three Romans and a Jewish guy who all apparently wrote about Jesus. But I'll admit defeat and say that I don't actually know what they wrote so without doing any further research there is little point in continuing this discussion.

To be concluded at a later date maybe...
Thu 03/05/07 at 22:41
Regular
I love how every thread becomes Gefdoff vs World.
Fri 04/05/07 at 12:01
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive noticed that actually. I think its because Im (as far as I know) the only Christian on here so everybody disagrees with me.
Sat 05/05/07 at 00:33
Regular
So are there any people out there who would like to comment about the Torah
The five books are all ascribed to Moses, as told to him directly by God.
When the Torah was revealed to Moses is a matter of some debate. Some hold that all five books were given to Moses during his communion with God on Mount Sinai in 1280 BC
Sat 05/05/07 at 17:06
Regular
"lets go back"
No they were not (told to him directly by God). Moses didn't hear an audible voice of God telling him what to write in the same way the writers of the new testament gospels didn't either. Its not a direct transcript of what God said. Obviously some parts are but they are the bits where is says "and the LORD said...."

On another note, I always thought the Torah was the entire old testament rather than just the five books of the law. What are the other books known as if they arent part of the Torah?

Edit:- Apparently the Tanakh is split into three section, the first being the torah. I thought the whole thing was called the torah and was split into sections. Well Ive learnt something new today.
Sat 05/05/07 at 18:43
Regular
Geffdor said "No they were not (told to him directly by God). Moses didn't hear an audible voice of God telling him what to write in the same way the writers of the new testament gospels didn't either. Its not a direct transcript of what God said".

The Torah is the first five books of the Tanakh or Hebrew Bible, and of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. The five books, their names and pronunciations

Genesis (Bereshit: "In the beginning...")
Exodus (Shemot: "Names")
Leviticus (Vayyiqra: "And he called...")
Numbers (Bammidbar: "In the desert...")
Deuteronomy (Devarim: "Words", or "Discourses")

Written in Hebrew, the oldest Jewish language, the Torah is the central and most important document of Judaism revered by Jews through the ages, and very important to Christians. It is traditionally accepted as the literal word of God as told to Moses. For many, it is neither exactly history, nor theology, nor legal and ritual guide, but something beyond all three. It is the primary guide to the relationship between God and man, and the whole meaning and purpose of that relationship, a living document that unfolds over generations and millennia.

Another one for Alfonse quote "I love how every thread becomes Gefdoff vs World."

Lets go for the Qur'ân,Koran,or Al-Quran the central religious text of Islam, and make it realy interesting.
Sat 05/05/07 at 20:10
Regular
"lets go back"
Either I misunderstood you or you misunderstand what Jews and Christians think "the literal word of God" means. I'll try and explain it briefly.

Ironically I'm going to talk about the Koran to illustrate this point. The Koran was written by Mohamed who wrote down word for word a dictated message that was supposed to be from God, as told to him by an angel. Someone came to him and told him exactly what to write.

The old testament books/torah was written by Moses but inspired by God. Certain parts are actual quotation from God but the whole thing is not a dictated piece. God or an angel or whoever didnt come to Moses and say "Ok Moses, get a pen and write this..." then dictate the whole thing to him, word for word. Nobody came to him, it was written by a man but inspired by God.
Sat 05/05/07 at 20:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I wouldnt worry about it, Geffdof. Merlin's entire post is just a quote from wikipedia so not alot to discuss I think. :)

I wish wikipedia would shutdown, its a menace on the internet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.