GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
CVG interviewing id CEO Todd Hollenshead:

'How about the Xbox version?

Hollenshead: We're literally in the early stages of getting the technology up and running on the Xbox. The Xbox is completely within the specs of what the target for Doom III technology is.

You'll be seeing a lot of unique textures that literally make the world just the way you might imagine if Hell really had erupted on a spacestation.

What about a PS2 version?

Hollenshead: Frankly, the PS2 couldn't do the math calculations for the geometry acceleration, real time shadows and light. GameCube is the same thing, no version planned.'

I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
Heheh!

The Xbox version is actually running and looking better than the PC version as it stands. Sorry Memo ;)
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:32
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I don't think of Deus Ex as a FPS.
>
> Probably because I disliked it muchly, except for smacking people
> with crude instruments I randomly found. The combat wasn't honed
> enough really.

Agreed.

Its not a FPS. Thats what I mean about variation, its an Adventure/FPS/RPG all mixed into one. The combat with guns was pretty poor in the first. I went for melee attacks and built up that strength. Its an awesome awesome experience when you play it through in long bursts.

Knights of the Old Republic though is the pick of the bunch. The best RPG to date.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:46
Regular
ÂLÂ??ÂÎR wrote:
> Thats good though because with Killzone, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Deus EX
> 2, Operation Flashpoint XB etc there will be enough FPS variation.
> This will just be a pure FPS in every sense and I can't wait.

/pats his powerful pc.. half life 2, Deux 2 will have played it before those x box owners get it..
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:58
Regular
Both will have LIVE options which is good enough for me. Downloadable content is worth the wait, especially when PC online gaming sucks c*ck in general.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:00
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Irony.

I just noticed it.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:23
Regular
Gar-J wrote:

> I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?

Nope, you still posted it.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:47
Regular
"accidental superher"
no i've heard doom 3 is breaking from the mould of the other dooms....it's not going for the shoot a smeck load of stuff...but more for the slow, scary and atmospheric approach.

and alistair it will look better on the pc if you have a beefy computer and graphics card...higher resolutions and capability to have better antialiasing.
though if you don't have such a good computer...xbox version will do fine :D
Thu 25/09/03 at 10:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Heheh!
>
> The Xbox version is actually running and looking better than the PC
> version as it stands. Sorry Memo ;)

Pfff, you are telling me an Xbox can run Doom 3 better than a top spec PC?

Doubtful.
Thu 25/09/03 at 10:45
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
> No, if it was out on GC, I would still be bored with it. I read in PC
> Gamer or some such that it isn't advancing gameplay much. Or
> something.
>
> Meh.

Yes that is what Doom is. It's: ON MY GOD A CYBERDEMON JUST POPPED OUT FROM BEHIND THAT WALL! *BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA* ARGH!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!

Etc.

Great stuff, it doesn't need to be revolutionary - It's freaking DOOM man! :D
Thu 25/09/03 at 10:47
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Heheh!
>
> The Xbox version is actually running and looking better than the PC
> version as it stands. Sorry Memo ;)

That'll be something to dod with having standard components to run the game on and not having to pander to as many graphics cards, sound cards *Brain gives up* etc etc

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.