GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:16
Regular
CVG interviewing id CEO Todd Hollenshead:

'How about the Xbox version?

Hollenshead: We're literally in the early stages of getting the technology up and running on the Xbox. The Xbox is completely within the specs of what the target for Doom III technology is.

You'll be seeing a lot of unique textures that literally make the world just the way you might imagine if Hell really had erupted on a spacestation.

What about a PS2 version?

Hollenshead: Frankly, the PS2 couldn't do the math calculations for the geometry acceleration, real time shadows and light. GameCube is the same thing, no version planned.'

I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:58
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Hah.

I got annoyed with the sailing, but up until that point, i was entranced.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:01
Regular
I got passed the first sailing section and then gave up. I need to sit down and play it in long bursts rather than for 30 minutes at a time. I want to play through KOTOR going down both the Light and Dark sides because stealing money of poor defense less shop owners is something I have managed to hold back from at the moment. However on second play I shall be going down the Dark side in a muchos angry way :)
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:03
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
I'd go light side first also.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:17
Regular
I have done because going to the darkside is all a little too tempting.
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:33
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Yes - it's easy to be evil, and everyone thinks that they're being 'cool' doing it.

Viva la lightness!
Wed 24/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've gone through the game being hardcore light jedi...now time to be an evil chump. going through as a soldier was a bit easy...but being a scoundrel is a bit harder.
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:55
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Aside from that there isn't anything that has
> caught my eye on the PS2.

Oh well, there you go then, the future is bleak. This surely spells the end of Sony in the home videogame market.
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:28
Regular
"8==="
Pyonth wrote:
>
> And I was crap at Doom.

Ha ha!

Point, shoot and don't die: that's it. :P
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:29
Regular
"8==="
Darwock wrote:
>
> Oh well, there you go then, the future is bleak. This surely spells
> the end of Sony in the home videogame market.

Well we can always dream...
Thu 25/09/03 at 12:29
Regular
"thegodfather"
Still got my eye on a few titles before the end of the year.

Medal of Honour;Rising Sun.
Mafia.
True Crimes; Streets of L.A.
Broken Sword 3.
Ghosthunter.

Should keep me going into the new year, not exactly a dead console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.