GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:16
Regular
CVG interviewing id CEO Todd Hollenshead:

'How about the Xbox version?

Hollenshead: We're literally in the early stages of getting the technology up and running on the Xbox. The Xbox is completely within the specs of what the target for Doom III technology is.

You'll be seeing a lot of unique textures that literally make the world just the way you might imagine if Hell really had erupted on a spacestation.

What about a PS2 version?

Hollenshead: Frankly, the PS2 couldn't do the math calculations for the geometry acceleration, real time shadows and light. GameCube is the same thing, no version planned.'

I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:05
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Every game has clichés,but if you're going to release screenshots, you might as well release half decent ones..
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:07
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Try seeing the game running on Xbox hardware and then see if you are laughing.

Like I said...

If you had seen this you would know its looking funking mint.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:09
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Do you think the PS2 will miss the sales?

Of course, most of us will actually miss the game itself, but, with the current financial predicament I'm in, I wouldn't ba able to afford it anywaze.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:11
Regular
No it won't miss the sales but its past that stage now with all 3 consoles for me. I don't get excited about sales, they are shockingly boring.

Sadly the future of the PS2 is looking pretty bleak at the moment. I will be getting Pro Evolution 3 and will check out Manhunt depending on how it plays etc. Aside from that there isn't anything that has caught my eye on the PS2.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:12
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
i have the whole back catalogue to buy.

Woo!
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:15
Regular
I have most of them depsite only getting my PS2 about 5 weeks a go. Got Half Life arriving tomorrow to cap off my collection. Then I will sit tight for Syphon Filter, Metal Gear 3, Killzone and Manhunt. 3 of which may not appear until early 2005!
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:17
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
I have £0 money.

But eyetoy.

EYETOY!
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:20
Regular
Heh!

I handed in my notice for my job yesterday so after this Weekend I will have £0 as well. 3 consoles to support and no money. Not a problem though as I have a load of Xbox, PS2 and Cube games which I am currently playing through and trying to complete.

Its the barstuard Knights of The Old Republic (my game of the year so far) which is taking up all my time. Its bloody fantastic.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:22
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
GotY - Wind waker.

Although KotoR hasn't been played.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
Believe me, play it and you will love it ;)

I have Zelda: Wind Waker here with the bonus disc and its almost untouched. It will be the next I play through though as it was damn fime for the hour or so that I played it earlier this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.