GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN Freedom Fighters Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:21
Regular
"8==="
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/451/451093p1.html

What a time to be skint. :(
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:39
Regular
Pish.

Three people? And Belldandy only likes it because he got it cheap. It's got all the features that make a sub-par game and represents most of what's wrong with software development today - mindless violence over quality, style over substance, etc.

I think you'll find that the facts, and a lot more people, are inclined to agree with me on this. I can accept that you like it, but that doesn't stop it being a poor excuse for a game.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:21
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> But Brute Force IS crap Hedfix. Anyone with remotely good taste in
> games can recognise that.
>
> FIFA 2003 wasn't bad at all, but all previous versions have been
> rubbish.

But your opinion IS crap Maverick since Sfone, TGM and Bell also own Brute Force and can actually comprehend what is good about it.

Quite frankly I feel sorry for you.

Obviously some people aren't so narrow-minded about games and can enjoy a wider range of games/variations in genres than others.

Those others are to be pitied.
Tue 30/09/03 at 21:52
Regular
But Brute Force IS crap Hedfix. Anyone with remotely good taste in games can recognise that.

FIFA 2003 wasn't bad at all, but all previous versions have been rubbish.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:13
Regular
"8==="
Halo is crepe however*.

*and very tasty with lemon and sugar.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:09
Regular
"8==="
and yet it isn't crap because people play it and enjoy it.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
FIFA is crap. Anyone that's played a Pro Evolution game will vouch for me here.

They run like complete idiots, the passing is atrocious, there are needless sendings off after the slightest of challenges, and and game generally plays like crap. The licensing is good, mind you, and commentary is above the rest.

I'll never buy another FIFA game though. FIFA 98: Road To The World Cup on the N64 was the last FIFA game I bought, and things will stay like that. FIFA = no.
Tue 30/09/03 at 12:17
Regular
"8==="
cookie monster wrote:
>
> If you said FIFA is crap, a lot of people would agree.

But it's not crap. It's just not my sort of thing. I actually have Fifa '99 for my N64 and I've never put it up to swap. It's not really my kind of thing, but me and my friends still dig it out every so often.

It's the only version I own because I don't really need the updates as it plays fine really and I'm not fussed about having all the up-to-date teams. HOWEVER I can see why people would and if I played it a bit more then I probably would have a few more copies.

It does what it is supposed to do and it does it well.

I'd rather play RedCard or Deathrow though. :)
Tue 30/09/03 at 11:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hedfix wrote:
> Put it this way: I don't like sports games much but do I go around
> saying FIFA is crap? No I don't because I can see why people like it,
> I can see how the game flows but it's just not my sort of thing.

If you said FIFA is crap, a lot of people would agree.
Tue 30/09/03 at 11:39
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Not my problem, don't end up wasting money on cack games.

Neither do I. However I do seem to be wasting a lot of energy trying to explain to people how some perceived 'cack games' are infact really rather good.

But it gets tiresome explaining Morrowind to those who are to thick to understand what's good about it. Quite frankly most of these game that are merely dismissed as 'crap' are infact enjoyed by a lot of people and are really good games. The trouble is some people can't seem to get that into their microscopic brains and I feel obliged to tell them they really haven't considered all the angles.

Put it this way: I don't like sports games much but do I go around saying FIFA is crap? No I don't because I can see why people like it, I can see how the game flows but it's just not my sort of thing.

What gets on my nerves is when I have to read 'Oh I am the voice of gaming' posts saying 'this game is crap and anyone who buys it is a mong etc etc'.

>
> Whacked is the gaming version of leprosy.

Good example of what I just pointed out.
Tue 30/09/03 at 10:40
Regular
Not my problem, don't end up wasting money on cack games.

Whacked is the gaming version of leprosy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.