GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IGN Freedom Fighters Review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:21
Regular
"8==="
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/451/451093p1.html

What a time to be skint. :(
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:36
Regular
"8==="
I was generalising.

You comment just set me off on a rant I've needed to have for a long, long time.
Wed 01/10/03 at 21:52
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> What gets on my nerves is when I have to read 'Oh I am the voice of
> gaming' posts saying 'this game is crap and anyone who buys it is a
> mong etc etc'.

Point out the post where I called you a mong and I'll apologise. I just stated my opinion that the game was cack.

Assholes are like opinions, everybody gotta have one.
Wed 01/10/03 at 21:44
Regular
"8==="
*Adds Savatt78 to list*

Some games are appreciated by some more than others.
Wed 01/10/03 at 21:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hedfix can add my name to his list as well - I enjoyed Brute Force. Not the best game I've ever played, but I thinks a really good game and I still go back to it.

And anyone who wants to say my taste in games is bad can shove that opinion up their back passage closely followed by my foot.
Halo, KOTOR, Soul Caliber 2, Steel Battalion, Ghost Recon Island Thunder - the list goes on and I love playing these games and Brute Force definatly has its place among them.
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:01
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> That doesn't stop you from being too narrow-minded about games to
> fully appreciate a good one.

Look, I can't be bothered to argue with you because there's just no hope.

I gave Brute Force a very good go with an open mind, and played every aspect of it. The fact is, it's not a good game and that's the reason I don't like it. Now there will always be people who like bad games (admittedly, I own Enter the Matrix), so I'm not knocking you for it.

I'm just saying that we're not narrow-minded, we're not stupid and we don't have crap opinions - Brute Force is just a bit rubbish.
Wed 01/10/03 at 09:23
Regular
"XBox"
hey i kno this doesnt have to do with your discussion board but i was wondering if you could help me with a little problem i am having on 007:Agent Under Fire. well if you have a sec. would you mind reading my message board beacause someone else had it and they said you could help me with the problem.

thanx
Wed 01/10/03 at 08:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I went around my mate's house last weekend and he had Dark Alliance. We started playing it in two player and I found it to be pretty good.

A bit like a 3-d isometric Gauntlet with RPG elements. That's a poor description but that's all I can think of.

I tried to show him the glory of KOTOR but the ignorant fool resisted. More fool him, I say.
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:24
Regular
"8==="
Gauntlet's great in my opinion. If you like that then you should take a look at Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

I know what you mean about CM and GT and it's good you can see why other people like them without having to resort to daft soundbites simply because they're not your kind of game. :)
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:19
Regular
No need to argue.

Some people like some games, some people like others.

Gran Tourismo and Championship Manager have HUGE cult followings but I'd be hard pressed to choose between them and a Watching-Paint-Dry-Sim.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Gauntlet that the magazines and reviews insisted that I avoided like the plague.
Purely down to taste it seems.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:07
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> Pish.
>
> Three people?

+Those that I know.

> And Belldandy only likes it because he got it cheap.

Having bought it before dismissed and then bought it again? He deemed that it was worth him purchasing it again, cheaper or not.

> It's got all the features that make a sub-par game and represents
> most of what's wrong with software development today - mindless
> violence over quality, style over substance, etc.

You could say the same about C:DS and C:DS 2 both very good games both full of fairly mindless violence (well if you can call Brute Forces whole open-ended play mindless then C:DS 1+2 must fall into the category aswell).
Guess what? The Desert Storm games are good and Brute Force is good.

Oh yes back to 'mindless violence': Apart from the fact that if you're not a complete retard you can use the squad dynamics to draw enemies into ambushes, set up cross fires and have snipers back you up from vantage points. Very mindless. (and this is without playing it with more than 1 player where the potential for fluid strategy becomes even greater and works very well).

The game is quality, the squad dynamic works well, the gameplay is good infact it plays like a 2000AD strip brought to life - very cool. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if you were so against it because you seem like such a devout Star Wars fan. Brute Force cutting a little close to the bone perhaps Sci-Fi-wise?

Also the multiplayer happens to have the best use and control of squads - far surpassing Ghost Recon which forces players to keep their squad of three togeather.

I know I prefer it to all the StarWars games I've played.
>
> I think you'll find that the facts, and a lot more people, are
> inclined to agree with me on this.

Pish. Those that complain are always more vocal than those who like something - that is a proven fact.

> I can accept that you like it, but
> that doesn't stop it being a poor excuse for a game.

That doesn't stop you from being too narrow-minded about games to fully appreciate a good one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.