GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
Yeah, I've gone a bit mad with the 'classics' threads, but I wanted one for the PC.

So, any old gems you want to share with us?
Fri 01/10/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Mecca"
i used to play one game on my pc for over a year everyday for hours at a time. online teaming with or playing against others around the world, intense fast-paced gameplay that kept me coming back for more time and time again. a killing spree was never as fun until i played this game.
ok so i wasnt that great at it and was normally on the receiving end of someone else's rampage, but boy it was a hell of a game.
what was it i hear you ask....?

Unreal Tournament!
Fri 01/10/04 at 16:01
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I'd have to say Age Of Mythology or Vietcong.
Fri 01/10/04 at 15:23
Regular
Not forgetting all the classics which started on Atari or even older consoles, but them got a lot better such as
* Lemmings
* Pong 3D (arcade game)
* The re-invention of Space Invaders
* Pac Man
* Centipede

And the list goes ON and ON and ON!!
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Red Alert is still enjoyable for me, I don't know why but I keep going back to it. Half-Life too.
Sat 08/05/04 at 10:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
be§§ant™ wrote:
> MY FAVORITE PC GAME IS AGE OF MYTHOLOGY
>
> and i want to get it but i am one of those keep hold of money
> people...

It shouldn't cost more than £15, and it looks damn good; I should actually get myself a copy. But since I'm running out of cash, it'll either be a long wait, a Gameaday win or a download that will get me it.
Fri 07/05/04 at 20:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
ss2 was good but not great. It had grown far too repetitive and in the end, instead of being scary, it grew tedious. Once you got the viro proliflicator to kill the spiders, nothing scared me.
Fri 07/05/04 at 18:58
Regular
3 words...

System Shock 2
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:01
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
MY FAVORITE PC GAME IS AGE OF MYTHOLOGY

and i want to get it but i am one of those keep hold of money people...

i thought about buying a £100 share in google but then thought it was't going to go very quick.

i love age of mythology but i think its a bit old and i kinda wnat them to annonce the realise of a new age of, cause argh! i need something like it.

oh you said classic?

erm i still think theme hospital is the best along with the other themes
Tue 04/05/04 at 19:00
Regular
"eat toast!"
theres too many

Beanth a steel sky
Monkey island 1 and 2
Doom 1 and 2
Push over
Flight of the amazon queen (now as freeware. Download now!!!)
Deus ex
Syndicate
Syndicate wars
KKND 2
Flashback
Fade to black
Dark omen
AVP
Warzone 2100
cannon fodder 1 and 2
SIMCITY
shogun
thief 1 and 2
unreal
unreal tournament
half life
clive barkers undying
wing commander 3 and 4

i think thats it...
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I got Theme Hospital, along with FIFA 97, for £3 a year after its release. Damn good game with some very humourous diseases, such as bloaty head, translucency, the squits and invisiblity. Very addicitve, even though the music was incredibly awful, tedious and irritating.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.