GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 3 Vs GTA Vice City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:31
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
So what do you think is better Gta 3 or Gta Vice City?
Sat 04/10/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
So that was a pretty mixed response to the original question. Which I find suprising since Vice City is a huge improvement on GTA3. If only in my opinion.
Sat 04/10/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yes, Vice City is the better game but GTA3 took the biggest leap, onto 3D, so it should have some credit bestowed upon it.
Sat 04/10/03 at 15:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It'll always have the credit of being the first 3D GTA game, but Vice City has that to work from as a base, and subsequently has so many improvements and additions that make it much greater than GTA3 ever was.
I mean, the radio stations on 3 were just something new and exciting. They weren't very good really, only one I ever listened to was Chatterbox. Now on VC, they're vastly improved. They've got some real songs for one thing.
And the property system adds a bit more depth to the mission structure and storeline, although the structure and storyline was pretty good in 3 as well.
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Having the radio stations was a huge move forward, and listening to your MP3s during gameplay is great fun.

Nothing like running over a Japanese gang boss while listening to some good ol' heavy metal.
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:57
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> UrkiE-UK wrote:
> you idiot
>
>
> Wow. That really is a mind blowing argument on your part. How long
> did it take to think that one up?

i don't know wether to laugh or smack you round the back of the head with a bendy bit of clear plastic...
Sat 04/10/03 at 17:22
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Granted I did bore of it eventually, but not as fast as I got bored
> of GTA 3. Mafia however, beats the lot of them.

I've wanted to play Mafia for so long! But I never have, just how good is it?
Sat 04/10/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Not a Jew"
UrkiE-UK wrote:

>i don't know wether to laugh or smack you round the back of the head
> with a bendy bit of clear plastic...

Like those see through rubbery rulers you can buy in Woolworths? Too late my dominatrix already hit me with one.

w00t!!
Sat 04/10/03 at 18:04
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Gigs wrote:
> Do you know if you get the matrix drugs on GTA vice city?
>
> In GTA3 you can pick up drugs as well: However they make you go hyper
> and then die.

I never had that happen to me on the game before, what kinda drugs are they?
Sat 04/10/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Sarcastic Drugs.
Sat 04/10/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Probably some type of ridiculously strong ecstacy provided by the Columbian cartel or Zaibatsu pharmecuticals: They are blue and magenta, and based inside rotating circles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.