GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone got Raw 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Raw 2'.
Fri 03/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Not seen anyone mention it and its out today, is anyone bothering? it looks ok but i'm still not 100% sure, any thoughts would be nice, thanks!
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:17
Regular
Do I hear wedding bells?
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
Sfone and me have a similar taste in games, if he likes it it's pretty certain I will too.
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:15
Regular
"8==="
*off
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:15
Regular
Doesn't really bother me. In Smackdown 4 they wear it for ring entrances but never for the match. I am looking to sell the original RAW and Smackdown 4 and to pick up RAW 2. If its bad then I can sell it fund money for another game.
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:14
Regular
"8==="
So the stamina bars have gone haven't they?

But what about the crowd/momentum meter?

I really like that in RAW because when you go up against a crowd favourite it's more difficult to get the crowd on your side and pull off specials. I found it a great feature but I can't remember if they've left it in RAW 2.

I also really liked the way normal moves became better/special as the crowd/momentum meter was flashing.

I can see what people meant by some of the specials being difficult to do though, but mianly this is down to not knowing the wrestlers special move in the first place - pulling of Benoit's Crippler Crossface is dead easy and extremely satisfying when it results in a submission!
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:10
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It still makes it unrealistic though for those who don't like CAW
> modes.

True. But I'd rather have the optionof putting on a belt rather than having to go in to CAW mode and take it off everytime I win one.
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:08
Regular
"8==="
Savatt78 wrote:

There seemed to be a real lack of moves
> compared to the Smackdown games though.

If it's anything like RAW there'll be loads. There's 10 grapple moves per character at least and a lot of location specific ones depending on where you are and where your opponent is. If you need to check for other moves go back into create-a-wrestler and have a look at your characters move list again.

> Ooooooo, Steph's match, time for me to make my mark and maybe get her
> attention to be my manager after the earlier disappointment. And
> here I goooooo, huh ? Ok, 2 stupid security guards are blocking me
> and basically turn me back to the locker room. Ok, so no interfering
> then...
>
> Then came my day at Smackdown. Hmmmmmmmmm, ok lets see if I can
> catch Steph again, I'll ask her to be my manager. Van Dam has a
> fight here, I'll encourage him before his match and get in his good
> books - never hurts to have a decent superstar on your side. Er, and
> I'll rest again after that before my match.
> Once again I return to an empty locker room - no sign of Steph
> despite her being at the event. Oh well, the stupid rest thing will
> restore the morale points again. Oh well, off to see Van Dam.....Ok,
> or maybe not, as I enter an empty locker room once again. Morale
> points are restored again when I rest.

I think this is because you need to gain more status before some of the better known characters will bother with your character.
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:03
Regular
It still makes it unrealistic though for those who don't like CAW modes. I have a feeling Freedom ighters will have little replay value and even though it is an awesome game I will most likely trade it in for either RAW 2 or Viewtiful Joe nearer the time.
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:00
Regular
"8==="
*extra
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:00
Regular
"8==="
Savatt78 wrote:

> After that, it was time for another RAW and I turned up in the limo
> with the belt on my shoulder - but thats it, I don't wear it to any
> matches or anything. Don't even have it on me inbetween matches when
> I'm doing stuff.

If it's anything like the original RAW you can put the belt on a created wrestler by going into create a wrestler and editing your wrestler. Select the male option and then go to the 'special/etra features/itmes' box or whatever it's called, ythen go to 'waist' and you should be able to select the belt. Your wrestler will come into matches with the belt on and it can be used as a weapon once it gets knocked off.

The belt should also appear on the pre-match screen.

This is what you have to do in the original RAW, so I hope it is of some help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.