GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone got Raw 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Raw 2'.
Fri 03/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Not seen anyone mention it and its out today, is anyone bothering? it looks ok but i'm still not 100% sure, any thoughts would be nice, thanks!
Fri 10/10/03 at 14:46
Regular
"8==="
17 hours play time since tuesday night.

Over and hour and a half just on the CAW mode alone.

I also found out you can't get your enemies popularity into negative numbers.
Thu 09/10/03 at 18:34
Regular
You can't, simple as.
Thu 09/10/03 at 18:21
Regular
"BOSE"
how'd you fight backstage????
Thu 09/10/03 at 09:00
Regular
"8==="
*wrestler's
Thu 09/10/03 at 08:59
Regular
"8==="
I've got all my wreslers enemies set up how I want them and I've made a Russian wrestler in the CAW mode which I've now put into the season mode as a CPU.

Anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of Created wrestlers you can put in to the Season Mode as CPU's? I know there has to be a limit but what I mean is can I fill up all the extra characters spaces with Created Wrestlers and register them all for Season Mode?

I'm trying to see if wrestlers popularity can go into the minuses. I have an enemy currently with a popularity of 2 so when I get that reduced further I'll let everyone know if it went in to negative numbers or not. If so there might be something weird to unlock for being a heel with -100 popularity - a bit of a long shot but I only have to make him lose 2 more popularity points to find out!

Also for those who don't know I've worked out how the 'manipulation option' works. You select a wrestler you want to get beaten up and then your character tries to persuade another wrestler to do it. First of all I thought you had to manipulate one of your friends to do it (by selecting them) but that would result in them getting beaten up.

Anyone found out what the benefits are of being a heel? You have to have 100 popularity to get the top belts so can you balance being a heel and having 100 popularity? Also once you become a face how do you go back to being a heel?
Wed 08/10/03 at 09:02
Regular
"8==="
Daveus wrote:
>
> how do you get wrestlers to be your friends? attack their opponent
> before their match??

Use the 'encourage' option when you plan your backstage strategy. I used it on Stone Cold and The Undertaker and it took a few uses of the 'encourage' choice to get them to be friends with me.

I think attacking/using traps on their opponents and interfering in their matches to make them win and may also help.

I'm not sure how the 'manipulation' strategy works yet, I guess you tell one of your friends to go beat up someone for you or interfere but as yet I haven't had a successful use of the 'manipulation' option, mainly because there's quite a few options to choose and I've been gaining/making new friends and enemies, sabotageing matches and setting loads of traps! :D

Oh, and fighting backstage with the Dudleys a lot!
Wed 08/10/03 at 08:22
Regular
"BOSE"
:-D heh!

someone was in a match with me. i moved out the way and they grabed the referee and suplexed him :-D

how do you get wrestlers to be your friends? attack their opponent before their match??
Wed 08/10/03 at 07:45
Regular
"8==="
I would've had the Tag Team belts aswell by now but I managed to accidentally do a move on the referee and we got disqualified. :D
Wed 08/10/03 at 07:43
Regular
"8==="
SNAP! :D

I also won King of the Ring and I just got the WWE Belt.

The pinning problem happened in two matches when I started but I've played 7 and a half hours of it in the last 10 hours and the pinning problem only came up in 3 matches so I can't complain. I did get about 15 pin-attempts in a row from Kurt Angle when doing the final match of King of the Ring!

I haven't had a cage match yet so I can't help you there. I also want to know how to get objects into the ring. I've managed to throw a broken piece of chair at an opponent who was in the ring when I was out of it but that's all I've managed.

Oh and another thing in the manual it says the black button can be used to 'go off site' does this mean I can go onto the stage area or even backstage during a match? Or does it mean something else? I haven't worked out exactly what the meant by it. I think I'll try an exhibition match to see.

My enemies are still doing strange 'interference' in matches. Myself (Test) and Kidman were fighting some of my enemies, Bubba and D-Von dudley, in a tag match. Steiner who had previously helped them interfere in my last tag match ran in and started attacking the Dudleys! Then my own tag team partner Kidman loses it and starts beating me up followed by Scott Dudley running in and helping Steiner beat up his brothers! Everyone except Kidman is on my enemies list but the only one to attack me in the chaos was my own team mate!
Anyway, it all ended with us all engaged in a 6 man fight outside the ring, I just managed to roll back into the ring on the '8' of the 10 count and managed to win the match that way.

Crazy stuff.

So I decided to clean house. I complained, set traps for and casually beat up Kidman over a couple of events and he got the message and pushed off, then I realised I still had Steven Richards as someone I'd somehow befriended I set about befriending some decent wrestlers. Now my wrestler is friends with The Undertaker, Stone Cold and Rhyno - so I know I've got some decent talent to watch my back.

I haven't managed to get a manager yet but I've only had a few tries, I think I'll cheer up The Undertaker some more and get him to be my manager.

The strategy in this game is very impressive. It's great weighing up if it's worth using some energy to setup at trap for your next opponent and if you can get in some cheap shots at your rivals and get your energy back before your match.

Really good stuff.
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:26
Regular
"BOSE"
i think that pinning think happened to me. made me swear at Rock (me) and the computer player.

i'm doing the Season and i've got The King Of The Ring belt and the WWE Champion belt. can someone people tell me how to put opjects in the ring? and also, how do you climb the cage? i pressed the black button to get onto the cage, but then when i pushed up to climb up he like climbed down..?

...on the seson i had this...interesting match to look forward to but we had a kinda power cut and that makes the matches go random whatever. it was me and Hulk Holgan vs Kane and Undertaker in a table match. that would of been cool. i'll do it after season's over..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.