GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got Me A Tattoo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/03/07 at 21:43
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Title says it all. Went down today expecting to just have a look and possibly book an appointment and the guy said he could do it right there. So I obliged and got This It's bloody sore though, didn't hurt that much getting it done but now it's like a burning sensation on my arm.

Anyone else from here gots one? Pics? Getting another?

I reckon I'll go back in a few months time and either get something on the other arm or continue what I have up to my shoulder - still undecided though, I may not get another at all.
Mon 05/03/07 at 23:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
heh this reminds me of all the guys at work who keep going up to my friend and telling her about all the tattoo's they're going to get just because she has a couple of cool ones trying to impress her.........and failing :-D
Tue 06/03/07 at 00:47
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Looks good, gr13ve -- nice and simple.

I have six myself -- you can see one on my leg in this photo although I've had two more since that would be visible if that photo was taken now.
Tue 06/03/07 at 07:17
Regular
Owie..needles. *shivers* Everyone seems to be getting tattoo'd or peirce somewhere these days. I guess I still can't see the fascination with desecrating your flesh. I mean, why?

I keep thinking "my body is my temple," but that's being real hypocritical after I scarffed that Double Whopper with cheese and side of onion rings for lunch. I can't believe I ate the whole thing..

After I turn 50, I imagine I'll most-likely have some fascination to do things I haven't done, but always wanted to do in the recesses of the dark caverns of my mind. Perhaps buy a Harley, a leather halter top and a German bike helmet with the Union Jack, and cruise it accross the country with good friends, checking out the sites. Maybe get a tattoo to commemorate the occassion.

I wonder..where is it sexy for a woman to get a tattoo? And what tattoo's could possibly be sexy on a woman??
Tue 06/03/07 at 07:21
Regular
By the way gr13ve, your tat is sleek. Aren't you suppose to put some ointment on that for the first couple of days? Was it numb when it was done? Did it bleed? Will it peel in the first week, after it starts healing???
Tue 06/03/07 at 08:12
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Ladybird wrote:
-Aren't you suppose to put some ointment on that for the first couple of days?

Twice a day I've to apply a layer of antiseptic cream and after that use moisturiser if it gets itchy.

-Was it numb when it was done?

Nope, the guy just shaved my arm and put on some orange gunc to steralise the area and then got on with it. The pain wasn't that bad to be honest. It was hurting more as the day went on, sort of like a burning sensation.

-Did it bleed?
Aye, quite a lot actually. In the photo the spots are all little bits of blood.

-Will it peel in the first week, after it starts healing???

Should start to but probably wont be complete til around the 2 week mark at which point I've to go back for the guy to check it over and he'll touch up any areas that are faded.
Tue 06/03/07 at 08:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
How much did it cost? I've been thinking about a similar design (more wrap-around i think) but i seem to remember being told that black is much more expensive.
Tue 06/03/07 at 08:47
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I got it for £75 'cos I know the guy. The price outta "the book" was £100. The coloured stuff is quite a bit cheaper than the black stuff though, but black's cooler.
Tue 06/03/07 at 08:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Ladybird wrote:
> I wonder..where is it sexy for a woman to get a tattoo? And
> what tattoo's could possibly be sexy on a woman??

Surely you've seen the 'pin-stripe' tattoos young women get on their lower backs. I think they look great myself.
Tue 06/03/07 at 08:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Thats not too bad. I prefer black (Who's suprised?)
Tue 06/03/07 at 14:26
Regular
gr13ve wrote:
> Ladybird wrote:
> -Aren't you suppose to put some ointment on that for the first
> couple of days?
>
> Twice a day I've to apply a layer of antiseptic cream and after
> that use moisturiser if it gets itchy.
>
> -Was it numb when it was done?
>
> Nope, the guy just shaved my arm and put on some orange gunc to
> steralise the area and then got on with it. The pain wasn't that
> bad to be honest. It was hurting more as the day went on, sort of
> like a burning sensation.
>
> -Did it bleed?
> Aye, quite a lot actually. In the photo the spots are all little
> bits of blood.
>
> -Will it peel in the first week, after it starts healing???
>
> Should start to but probably wont be complete til around the 2
> week mark at which point I've to go back for the guy to check it
> over and he'll touch up any areas that are faded.

*faints*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.