GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RTCW first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 01:08
Regular
So far very nice. Slightly over looked at the time of its release due to many other games across the Cube and Xbox which I purchased instead of this. Its only on a 2 night rental from Blockbusters and by all accounts the offline mode won't need a time in excess of 12 hours to finish. Enjoying it so far though, just got into the tombs having only played it for about 1 hour. Looking forward to carrying on with it tomorrow as it looks and feels like a title which builds up over time to leave a decent overall impression.

The character models look decent, not many jaggies and the texture rate is pretty high. Not entirely convinced by the graphical level of the weapons though and all the ones I have used so far look like they have been superficially glued on. The environments are well detailed and with a high level of interaction there are lots of things lying around to be destroyed.

From an audio point of view the Dolby soundtrack rocks muchly. Nice channel seperation, good use of the sub and some gritty sounding weapons. Can't complain here.

So overall its impressed me so far and hopefully will continue to impress me. I am looking for a decent LIVE title to pick up and this may well be the one I go for. Nothing ground breaking but a pretty solid shooter with some nice ideas.

Rocking muchly so far!
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:05
Regular
Heheh!

Do you know if Rainbow Six 3 has a CO-OP mode across LIVE or is it all deathmatches in the form of a Counter Strike style setup?
Wed 08/10/03 at 11:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
Never see you on MSN these days so I
> just presumed you had blocked me for some strange reason.

I'm never really on MSN anymore, rarely bother logging on.

I could be
> wrong but I just got the impression that you thought I was a bit of a
> kn*b stick :)

I do, but that doesn't stop me from talking to you :D
Wed 08/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
Yeah. Wolfenstein gets much better in the 2nd chapter, the first one was just added to the console versions to further expand the story.

It does suck really bad though, I haven't played through it in single player yet. It's good in co-op, but you can't save it which is just retarded.
Wed 08/10/03 at 07:50
Regular
"8==="
Get to the second chapter of RTCW it gets better when it goes all 'Goldeneye: but set in WWII'. :)
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:55
Regular
Oh and by the way, GET Freedom Fighters. Jeez its one hell of a game. Not going to sell it after completion, going to stick with it through all difficulties. Seriously kick ass stuff.
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:53
Regular
I never see you on MSN and without being a sucker for returning compliments you were one of a small handful of ones on here worth talking to on both MSN and SR. Never see you on MSN these days so I just presumed you had blocked me for some strange reason. I could be wrong but I just got the impression that you thought I was a bit of a kn*b stick :)
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:46
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
I get the
> impression from Tilta that he doesn't really want anything to do with
> me across Xbox LIVE or on here yet he is the only one I konw who is
> getting R63.

*scratches head*

What gave you that impression?

You're one of the few people on here that I actually have some respect for.
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:17
Regular
HHAT I haven't received payment yet. Damn Royal Mail :)

I will post it off though as soon as it arrives.
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:14
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm considering R6 3 but I haven't played the demo yet.

Bro says its excellent. I'll gett him to buy it :-D
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:12
Regular
Got passed the tombs but they were ultimately boring as hell. Too many other top games around with better single player modes. Shame though because it started with promise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.