GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reident evil gamecube exclusive?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 14:20
Regular
I just noticed this aticle on the blockbuster site along with some awsome looking screen shots........

"Resident Evil to be GameCube exclusive"

Wow!

At a press conference in Japan, Capcom and Nintendo came together to reveal the future of the brilliant survival horror series.The entire series will become exclusive to GameCube.

The first title will be a remake of Resident Evil 1. Next will be an all new game, tentatively titled Resident Evil Zero. Then Resident Evils 2, 3, 4 and Code Veronica will follow.

The GameCube is going to be zombie-tastic!Capcom explained in great depth why the company has chosen to go with the GameCube. It wants players to only have to buy one system to play the series and also likes the GameCube hardware. Capcom also stated that Nintendo's third-party relationships were very good.

Miyamoto was quick to praise the series saying that Capcom had created a genre with Resident Evil. Decapitation is quite a turnaround for a company that up until recently would not allow red blood to be displayed in its games.

This is also a great victory for Nintendo. The Resident Evil series is massive and boasts a colossal and loyal global fanbase. While Microsoft is trying desperately to sign up exclusive deals of any magnitude, Nintendo snatches the entire Resident Evil series.

We are sure that Sony will not be overly impressed with the news.The first Resident Evil title for GameCube will be hitting the shelves of Japan on March 22 of next year with all other games from the series to follow throughout 2002.

........Can this be true?
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
Dammit - Where does the PS2 version of Res Evil 4 stand now??
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:00
Regular
Sub wrote:
>We are sure that Sony
> will not be overly impressed with the news.

I myself are not impressed and again f*** capcom for that.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Back For Good"
Wow the first resident evil is supposed to hit Japan next march, then the rest will follow and before you know it they'll have another 5th aniversary DVD,haha

Can't wait till tommorow for CVX,wesker's report and DEVIL MAY CRY DEMO, wayhey!!!
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:24
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah i just saw at tvg the screenshots for teh resi 1 on the gamecube...
graphics look really good...
and they're meant to be improving like almost everything and adding new bits and bobs to teh original
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:01
well adults are adults or older children are going to play on consoles more. who here is under 10?
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:40
Regular
I've often seen reports with quotes from Capcom telling us how they like the Gamecube best.

I see you all jumped in with the kids stereotypes, but surely you must know by now that Nintendo simply do all games, rather than the "almost exclusively adult" line up Sony and Microsoft want.
We get a balance.

The type of exclusivity the Gamecube is getting is that all the rest of the titles are being made for it (including the old ones with updated graphics).

Code Veronica WAS a Dreamcast exclusive, but I think that when the DC died and Sega themselves started converting their own exclusive games (like Virtua Fighter and Crazy Taxi) to the PS2, I think that Capcom discussed it with Sega and both saw no reason why Veronica couldn't follow suit.

Being a Gamecube getter myself, I'm also hoping that Capcom give us The Devil May Cry and Maximo too.
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:04
ive not ever been a residant evil fan but i know it cant be exclusive to gamecube.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:01
"High polygon count"
One thing strikes me as strange...

Didn't Capcomsay just weeks ago that they didn't see the Gamecube as the 'right platform' for such games? They were talking about DMC at the time, I think.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:47
Regular
Apparenlty the graphics rival DMC in every department.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Res on the GC?

They will all have oversized cartoon heads, and all the monsters will be mushrooms, and they will attack the mushrooms with Nerf guns that make a satisfying "Boink!" when they fire!

LOL!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.