GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reident evil gamecube exclusive?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 14:20
Regular
I just noticed this aticle on the blockbuster site along with some awsome looking screen shots........

"Resident Evil to be GameCube exclusive"

Wow!

At a press conference in Japan, Capcom and Nintendo came together to reveal the future of the brilliant survival horror series.The entire series will become exclusive to GameCube.

The first title will be a remake of Resident Evil 1. Next will be an all new game, tentatively titled Resident Evil Zero. Then Resident Evils 2, 3, 4 and Code Veronica will follow.

The GameCube is going to be zombie-tastic!Capcom explained in great depth why the company has chosen to go with the GameCube. It wants players to only have to buy one system to play the series and also likes the GameCube hardware. Capcom also stated that Nintendo's third-party relationships were very good.

Miyamoto was quick to praise the series saying that Capcom had created a genre with Resident Evil. Decapitation is quite a turnaround for a company that up until recently would not allow red blood to be displayed in its games.

This is also a great victory for Nintendo. The Resident Evil series is massive and boasts a colossal and loyal global fanbase. While Microsoft is trying desperately to sign up exclusive deals of any magnitude, Nintendo snatches the entire Resident Evil series.

We are sure that Sony will not be overly impressed with the news.The first Resident Evil title for GameCube will be hitting the shelves of Japan on March 22 of next year with all other games from the series to follow throughout 2002.

........Can this be true?
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
If there's one thing I've learned from the PS2 it's to NEVER EVER EVER buy at launch, nothing to do with the shortage of consoles but the price will drop and the games wil arrive much later, so I'm gona wait till res zero is released.
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:15
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
two days ago, buying a Gamecube wasn't in my plans at all...

But now, well, I'm definetley considering it.

I'll think I'll wait and see how things pan out first though...
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:11
Regular
They might be "kiddie" in graphics, but in gameplay, they're just as mature as any PS2 game.

They've got all the skill and gameplay of a mature game but are lighthearted too. These games are what you get 4 pads for.

You might prefer the more "serious" games such as Resident Evil, but that's another great thing about the Gamecube:

You get the full range!
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
"Super monkey ball, Super smash brothers"

Sounds a bit too "kiddy" for me...
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:49
Regular
I havnt actually pre-ordered my GC yet. I'm gonna wait until the launch games for the UK are confirmed. I wanna get a package deal with two pads,memory card and at least two games. Most likely to get Super monkey ball, Super smash brothers and possibly Waverace.
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
lets all unite and buy a gamecube and put mr Gates in his place..

(?!)
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:40
"High polygon count"
I've looked at the new Resi screens and I am *holds finger and thumb millimetres apart* this close to pre-ordering a 'cube from SR.
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:35
Regular
I wanted to remain loyal to Nintendo, But as the N64 is dead i needed a new console. Gamecube seemed like an a eternity away, so i bought a PS2. It ended all the stupid console war things i used to get into here, and i also got somthin to play my DVDs on :-)
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:33
Regular
I thought the GAmecube sales would have been boosted by the REsi announcement.

Well 3 games is better than the N64 launch. It was just mario at launch wasnt it.
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:31
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
I wasn't really consideing buying a gamecube

I would of liked to remain "loyal" to the PS2,

but in reality if you want the best games your going to have to own at leat two of the next gen consoles

how much are they going to be anyway?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.