GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reident evil gamecube exclusive?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 14:20
Regular
I just noticed this aticle on the blockbuster site along with some awsome looking screen shots........

"Resident Evil to be GameCube exclusive"

Wow!

At a press conference in Japan, Capcom and Nintendo came together to reveal the future of the brilliant survival horror series.The entire series will become exclusive to GameCube.

The first title will be a remake of Resident Evil 1. Next will be an all new game, tentatively titled Resident Evil Zero. Then Resident Evils 2, 3, 4 and Code Veronica will follow.

The GameCube is going to be zombie-tastic!Capcom explained in great depth why the company has chosen to go with the GameCube. It wants players to only have to buy one system to play the series and also likes the GameCube hardware. Capcom also stated that Nintendo's third-party relationships were very good.

Miyamoto was quick to praise the series saying that Capcom had created a genre with Resident Evil. Decapitation is quite a turnaround for a company that up until recently would not allow red blood to be displayed in its games.

This is also a great victory for Nintendo. The Resident Evil series is massive and boasts a colossal and loyal global fanbase. While Microsoft is trying desperately to sign up exclusive deals of any magnitude, Nintendo snatches the entire Resident Evil series.

We are sure that Sony will not be overly impressed with the news.The first Resident Evil title for GameCube will be hitting the shelves of Japan on March 22 of next year with all other games from the series to follow throughout 2002.

........Can this be true?
Tue 18/09/01 at 00:48
Regular
errr...and how do u think Us ninty's felt about sqauresoft sodding off to sony hey?
Tue 18/09/01 at 00:41
NO!
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:51
I for one am disgraced.

No, no, let me explain.

Five years ago, Capcom gave birth to the "survival horror" with the absolute classic of a game, Resident Evil. It had good graphics for back then, the greatest storyline ever put into a game, and a hauntingly spectacular soundtrack. Of course, this game was released on the PlayStation.

A couple of years later, the world saw Resident Evil 2, which featured better graphics, better gameplay, great storyline, and on of the best soundtracks on a game to date. This too was released on the PlayStation.

Then we saw Survivor, a rather timid and, how shall I put this, oh I know, crap attempt at mixing Survival horror with First Person shooting. Good game, just too damn short.

Then, the mind-blowing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was released. A true gem of a game. An average storyline, but great graphics and random puzzles / battles made up for this.

Then, to my horror, Capcom announced they were to release Code Veronica for the Dreamcast. As a die-hard Resi fan, I was appalled, and refused to buy a dreamcast just for one game. Luckily, all was forgiven a year ago, when Capcom announced they were to release a BETTER version of Code Veronica for the PS2 (which I had already planned on getting). Like I said, all was forgiven, Resident Evil had come back to it's rightful home.

A little later, suspicion starts to arise amongst PS Resi fans when Resi 2 and Nemesis are released for Dreamcast and N64, but when Capcom finalise Code Veronica for the PS2, their minds are put at rest.

But now, Capcom have done it again, they have abandoned their home and have broken promises to stay faithful to Sony by announcing the EXCLUSIVE (for all you dumb-asses out their, that means one and no other) re-release of Resi 1, 2, 3 AND Code Veronica for GAMECUBE! The ****** Gamecube! NOBODY wants a Gamecube! PS2 has everything of a Gamecube and more, plus more people own it / want to buy it! These exclusive re-releases will feature amazing graphics (superb) and a whole load of extra plot details, which is just taking the **** for me, a fan of the Resi storylines. And to rub it in even more, they've announced that the "exclusive" release of Reisdent Evil 4, which was to be exclusive to PS2, is now for the Gamecube.

I am now ****** off completely with Capcom, and I am NOT willing to buy a Gamecube. No. I believe that Capcom should stop being the traitorous gits that they are, and either:

a) stay faithful to the PS 2, or
b) release their games on all next-gen platforms.
Fri 14/09/01 at 22:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
all i've got to say is this is a pretty pointless topic.
Fri 14/09/01 at 18:46
Regular
My next next-gen console is the xbox i ain't getting the cube no matter what (maybe if the next FF games are exclusive to the cube, but what are the chances of that, Me thinks its very low. But im also sticking with my PS2.

Though this annoncement is like an atomic bomb from nintendo to sony.
Fri 14/09/01 at 17:30
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
Yesterday's announcement that, for the forseeable future, the Resident Evil franchise would be exclusive to Nintendo's Gamecube platform isn't as grim as we all thought.....

Essentially the contract covers remakes of Biohazard 1,2,& 3, Code Veronica, the prequel Biohazard 0, and the anticipated Biohazard 4, meaning 4 of the six games under contract are remakes, and two are original games.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Resident Evil is nowhere near dead on the Playstation 2, given the platform's popularity and huge, ever growing, installed user base....
Fri 14/09/01 at 15:00
Regular
"accidental superher"
that's why i waited until now to get a ps2 :)
Fri 14/09/01 at 15:00
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
okay, so the graphics are MINT (If you havn't seen them yet, hunt them down) but at the end of the day its still a remake of the original Residen Evil,

So, is it worth buying the game (and possibly the console) just to play something we've allready played...

this "should I or shouldn't I buy a gamecube" thing is doing my head in....
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:23
Regular
That won't be for a VERY long time.

I reckon you'll end up getting it for the update of RE 1 (it's being released in Japan during our GC launch so expect it in about a years time.)
Fri 14/09/01 at 13:21
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
Res€vilfan wrote:
> If there's one thing I've learned from the PS2 it's to NEVER EVER
> EVER buy at launch, nothing to do with the shortage of consoles but
> the price will drop and the games wil arrive much later, so I'm gona
> wait till res zero is released.

I agree, I bought my PS2 last year and a still only have a couple of games..

All the good games are coming out over the next few months, a year after its launch....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.