GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reident evil gamecube exclusive?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 14:20
Regular
I just noticed this aticle on the blockbuster site along with some awsome looking screen shots........

"Resident Evil to be GameCube exclusive"

Wow!

At a press conference in Japan, Capcom and Nintendo came together to reveal the future of the brilliant survival horror series.The entire series will become exclusive to GameCube.

The first title will be a remake of Resident Evil 1. Next will be an all new game, tentatively titled Resident Evil Zero. Then Resident Evils 2, 3, 4 and Code Veronica will follow.

The GameCube is going to be zombie-tastic!Capcom explained in great depth why the company has chosen to go with the GameCube. It wants players to only have to buy one system to play the series and also likes the GameCube hardware. Capcom also stated that Nintendo's third-party relationships were very good.

Miyamoto was quick to praise the series saying that Capcom had created a genre with Resident Evil. Decapitation is quite a turnaround for a company that up until recently would not allow red blood to be displayed in its games.

This is also a great victory for Nintendo. The Resident Evil series is massive and boasts a colossal and loyal global fanbase. While Microsoft is trying desperately to sign up exclusive deals of any magnitude, Nintendo snatches the entire Resident Evil series.

We are sure that Sony will not be overly impressed with the news.The first Resident Evil title for GameCube will be hitting the shelves of Japan on March 22 of next year with all other games from the series to follow throughout 2002.

........Can this be true?
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
I just noticed this aticle on the blockbuster site along with some awsome looking screen shots........

"Resident Evil to be GameCube exclusive"

Wow!

At a press conference in Japan, Capcom and Nintendo came together to reveal the future of the brilliant survival horror series.The entire series will become exclusive to GameCube.

The first title will be a remake of Resident Evil 1. Next will be an all new game, tentatively titled Resident Evil Zero. Then Resident Evils 2, 3, 4 and Code Veronica will follow.

The GameCube is going to be zombie-tastic!Capcom explained in great depth why the company has chosen to go with the GameCube. It wants players to only have to buy one system to play the series and also likes the GameCube hardware. Capcom also stated that Nintendo's third-party relationships were very good.

Miyamoto was quick to praise the series saying that Capcom had created a genre with Resident Evil. Decapitation is quite a turnaround for a company that up until recently would not allow red blood to be displayed in its games.

This is also a great victory for Nintendo. The Resident Evil series is massive and boasts a colossal and loyal global fanbase. While Microsoft is trying desperately to sign up exclusive deals of any magnitude, Nintendo snatches the entire Resident Evil series.

We are sure that Sony will not be overly impressed with the news.The first Resident Evil title for GameCube will be hitting the shelves of Japan on March 22 of next year with all other games from the series to follow throughout 2002.

........Can this be true?
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:24
"High polygon count"
How can it be Gamecube exlusive when RE1, 2 and 3 are already out on PSone, Code Veronica has just been released, and RE4 is confirmed for PS2?

I also wouldn't worry about the 'loyal fanbase' - I love Resident Evil, but I never bought a Dreamcast to play Code Veronica when it supposedly was a DC exclusive.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Hairy Hippo Hoop"
good point,

I just hope we get resi 4...... I heard somewhere that development was well on the way...
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:30
Regular
This is very true. Capcom’s premiere game designer, Shinji Mikami, has announced that The Resident Evil Franchise will be exclusive to Nintendo.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
IT'S TRUE I JUST THIS MINUTE FOUND OUT MYSELF!!!!!!

http:// cube.ign.com/ news/ 38267.html
(remove spaces after forward slashes)
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:33
Regular
So Res€vilfan, Does this mean you will definitly be gettin a Gamecube?
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:34
"High polygon count"
I've also read the 'exclusive' story on IGN.

Resi 4 for PS2 is - or was - certainly in development. Shinji Mikami apparently wants all Resi's on one system - as most of them are already on PlayStation, re-developing them for another platform is... odd to say the least.

As I plan to get a 'cube anyway, I'm not overly fussed - but Sony should certainly make efforts to keep some of their bigger franchises, if not exclusively then as multi-platform.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is what *type* of exclusivity. Code Veronica was a Dreamcast exclusive until recently, and now it's out on PS2. So is this 'complete' exclusivity, or 'time-limited' as with a number of Xbox 'exclusive' titles?

Time will tell.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:38
Regular
"Back For Good"
Or†ega wrote:
> So Res€vilfan, Does this mean you will definitly be gettin a
> Gamecube?

I was already planing to for Resident evil:Zero, so yes
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:41
Regular
Gamecube kiddy system Pah, me thinks not
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Res on the GC?

They will all have oversized cartoon heads, and all the monsters will be mushrooms, and they will attack the mushrooms with Nerf guns that make a satisfying "Boink!" when they fire!

LOL!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.