GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You kids"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 11:04
Regular
There's something I've been meaning to say on here for a while, and with the events of the last few days and people's reaction to them, this seems like a good time to get around to it.

A lot of you on these forums are young - particularly those that post regularly in the FoG threads.

I've never been particularly fond of 'kids'; even when I was at school, I saw many of the people as immature, and I didn't have time for them.

Even today when I walk around the estate where I live, and in Northampton Town Centre, I see people about the same age as many of you - teenagers - acting and sounding like complete idiots. There are even those in their late teens or early/mid-twenties who should know better, behaving like complete morons and sounding like retards with their mates.

It's not like that here.

Although I've had differences of opinion with some of you, I regard you all very highly and have a lot of respect for you. Whether you realise it or not, you shame a lot of people twice your age. You are thoughtful, considerate and caring, and it is refreshing to see that not *all* youngsters these days are only interested in drink, drugs, and skipping school to be 'hip and cool' with their friends.

Thanks guys.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:40
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hey RBS...I've come back for a few days because I needed people to talk to after the disaster in America..I'm very impressed with everyone's behaviour here too. I'm always at a disadvantage with age, constantly rejected for being too young and immature.

I don't really blame people, looking at most children of my age around here...I wouldn't trust them either, it's just a reason why I find the internet so useful - anonymity, so people can judge me on how I write and think, not on how old I am, so I don't get brushed aside and disregarded along with other 14 year olds. Have to say that these boards are good for that though, the diversity of backgrounds make most of the users very open minded, much more than a lot of people I could think of locally.

Anyway, yes, I left a while ago - I'll return periodically, I just don't really enjoy it as much as I used to. Again, thanks to everyone on the boards who made me enjoy my time here so much, and I'm not leaving because of any people in particular, I just need time for other things and there isn't such a draw holding me to ukchatforums any more.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm 14...*smiles smuggly for no apparent reason*

Anyway, yep, I prefer talking to you guys on MSN as all my friends that I know in person (apart from Darkness_2K) say stuff like, "orite, how r u? Going 2 cricket 2morrow?"

Eurgh.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
wot r u on abot wit all dis inteluct stuf?

I is not clever - i iz weally 19, cos i iz ard, an i fink wookie is an idjit!

wot r u on abot?
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
(PS, that means, I have noticed that too, I know that I have thought a lot of people on here were older than they are!)
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:48
Regular
I'm 16, but sometimes I feel the youngest on these forums.RBS,in particular, reminds me how immature I was compared to him at 12. Sixth form looms. Help.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:48
Regular
"I am your father"
There is a note that I would like to add to this topic though about the recent events that have happened.

On WEdnesday morning while waiting for the bus to go to school, I was listening to the reactions of the other members of the village and was expecting humours remarks that were just not funny and also sick.

And not to my surprise there were those comments, in these forums the words cannot be repeated for two reasons they are extremely offensive and were also rude and using unecessary language. Why to make other people laugh would you say something like that? The recent news broadcasts of the innocent victims ringing up their loved ones before they were lead to their death, has had me in near tears and has been a very emotional event for everyone.

So why would you say that sort of thing? Even people in my own year area very two faced and one minute they'll say about how awful it really was then fve minutes later they are making sick and unappropriate jokes about the events. 'Wasn't it really funny watching those people jump out of the windows', now does that make them just as bad as the Palestines?

As It isn't a way to behave infront of anyone even your 'friends'.

The Dogfather
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Ant wrote:
> I'm 14...*smiles smuggly for no apparent reason*

Anyway, yep, I
> prefer talking to you guys on MSN as all my friends that I know in
> person (apart from Darkness_2K) say stuff like, "orite, how r
> u? Going 2 cricket 2morrow?"

Eurgh.

wot r u on abot Ant? I tolk like dis all da tim. cos i iz ard, and i fit in cos i bole it arond finkin im cool but really is iz fik cos i got no educshon.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:54
Regular
"You've upset me"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> Hey RBS...I've come back for a few days because I needed people to
> talk to after the disaster in America..I'm very impressed with
> everyone's behaviour here too. I'm always at a disadvantage with
> age, constantly rejected for being too young and immature.

I
> don't really blame people, looking at most children of my age around
> here...I wouldn't trust them either, it's just a reason why I find
> the internet so useful - anonymity, so people can judge me on how I
> write and think, not on how old I am, so I don't get brushed aside
> and disregarded along with other 14 year olds. Have to say that
> these boards are good for that though, the diversity of backgrounds
> make most of the users very open minded, much more than a lot of
> people I could think of locally.

Anyway, yes, I left a while ago
> - I'll return periodically, I just don't really enjoy it as much as
> I used to. Again, thanks to everyone on the boards who made me enjoy
> my time here so much, and I'm not leaving because of any people in
> particular, I just need time for other things and there isn't such a
> draw holding me to ukchatforums any more.

Fair enough. You could of at least told me though! :-D
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Stryke wrote:
in
> particular, reminds me how immature I was compared to him at 12.

Shucks... Thanks :-)

Sixth form looms. Help.

Year 9 looms... help!!! Too much work... Brain overload... ARGH!!

:-D
Thu 13/09/01 at 20:00
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Sorry...think you were away at the time. Didn't make a big thing about it, one post at 3am and another mid afternoon one day..

I'll keep in touch anyway, you have my e-mail.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.