GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You kids"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 11:04
Regular
There's something I've been meaning to say on here for a while, and with the events of the last few days and people's reaction to them, this seems like a good time to get around to it.

A lot of you on these forums are young - particularly those that post regularly in the FoG threads.

I've never been particularly fond of 'kids'; even when I was at school, I saw many of the people as immature, and I didn't have time for them.

Even today when I walk around the estate where I live, and in Northampton Town Centre, I see people about the same age as many of you - teenagers - acting and sounding like complete idiots. There are even those in their late teens or early/mid-twenties who should know better, behaving like complete morons and sounding like retards with their mates.

It's not like that here.

Although I've had differences of opinion with some of you, I regard you all very highly and have a lot of respect for you. Whether you realise it or not, you shame a lot of people twice your age. You are thoughtful, considerate and caring, and it is refreshing to see that not *all* youngsters these days are only interested in drink, drugs, and skipping school to be 'hip and cool' with their friends.

Thanks guys.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:24
"possibly impossible"
I've been asked at least 4 or 5 times by some of you younger guys on MSN "why do you find talking to people 10 years or more younger than me interesting?"

Well, the simple answer is that we all have related interests and everyone, no matter how young, has something to offer on the subject of games, films or even life.

Never think that just because you are young, you have less of an opinion than someone older. Ok, experience counts for a lot, but from what you younger lot write on a daily basis here, you prove that your posts are just as worthwhile as someone who is a lot older.

Oh, and respect your elders, youngsters! ;-)
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:40
Regular
"I am your father"
pb wrote:
> I've been asked at least 4 or 5 times by some of you younger guys on
> MSN "why do you find talking to people 10 years or more younger
> than me interesting?"

Well, the simple answer is that we all
> have related interests and everyone, no matter how young, has
> something to offer on the subject of games, films or even life.
>

Never think that just because you are young, you have less of an
> opinion than someone older. Ok, experience counts for a lot, but
> from what you younger lot write on a daily basis here, you prove
> that your posts are just as worthwhile as someone who is a lot
> older.

YESSS. I'm famous I was one of those people, YES.

Ok enough of that and looking like an idiot. The remarks you say about younger people was about 95% true, I am the other 5% at school.

I don't care about hanging about in 'The In Crowd' or doing what is 'Cool', I don't care what others think about me and join in with critising people for the way they look because at the end of the day when Im leave school in 2 years time I will be the one leaving with the right GCSE results then I can go onto College then off to Medical School.

As making a good friend no matter what age they are is based on their personality rather then their colour, height, religion, size or anything else you can think of, as quite personally I think it is disgusting and out of order.

Coming to this site, is a sign of fresh relief, there is nobody who does any of the above and respect your feelings and overall it is the best place I've ever found on the internet and probally ever will find.

Thanks guys for not just making my summer better but for also making my life better as there are people like me on this site who understand what I'm like.

If I was going to mention a few people, then Seifer, Shocktrooper and pb are the most friendly and respectful people I have met.

Dogfather/Tom
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm actually 45

Where did those last 30 years go :-)
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:55
Regular
Wookie Monster Wrote: "Even today when I walk around the estate where I live, and in Northampton Town Centre, I see people about the same age as many of you - teenagers - acting and sounding like complete idiots."

There called TOWNIES!!! I never EVER mix with them, I can't stand the way they talk to each other and the ones that smoke just to look good in front of thir mates.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:58
"period drama"
r u ready 4 the grand unveiling..
im 14.. 2 right mates!
by the way townies are not just teenages, they are a slime-dwelling bateria that speak "the end of the world is nigh" etc etc.

please don't hate me. my itellect is superior to most.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:01
The Dogfather wrote:
Thanks guys for not just making my summer better but for also making my life better as there are people like me on this site who understand what I'm like.

If I was going to mention a few people, then Seifer, Shocktrooper and pb are the most friendly and respectful people I have met.

Dogfather/Tom

You don't know how much that means to hear/read that Tom, I have found you one of the nicer people to talk to on the site and on MSN, you have always listened from what I have had to say to you, you have always given me a good opinion on life and on what to do when I have had any problems, and I'm glad that you have enjoyed the summer with us!
Regular
"I am your father"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm actually 45

Where did those last 30 years go :-)

SHEEPY your as old as you feel and though I've never really talked to you I'd never have guessed that figure, but you might have only lived half your life so don't worry. I'd rather be a 40 year old then a 14 year old. So have faith and live your life to the max. Oh and also don't ever leave the forums, even when your an 76 year old man still type away with your posts of influence.

Dogfather
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Also Neds in my area

Remember Bonus's neducation thing :-)
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm 15 mate ;-)

45-30 = 15

:-D
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:04
Regular
I'm 14 commin on 15 in January. I have those 2 years of GCSE hell ahead of me! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.