GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You kids"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 11:04
Regular
There's something I've been meaning to say on here for a while, and with the events of the last few days and people's reaction to them, this seems like a good time to get around to it.

A lot of you on these forums are young - particularly those that post regularly in the FoG threads.

I've never been particularly fond of 'kids'; even when I was at school, I saw many of the people as immature, and I didn't have time for them.

Even today when I walk around the estate where I live, and in Northampton Town Centre, I see people about the same age as many of you - teenagers - acting and sounding like complete idiots. There are even those in their late teens or early/mid-twenties who should know better, behaving like complete morons and sounding like retards with their mates.

It's not like that here.

Although I've had differences of opinion with some of you, I regard you all very highly and have a lot of respect for you. Whether you realise it or not, you shame a lot of people twice your age. You are thoughtful, considerate and caring, and it is refreshing to see that not *all* youngsters these days are only interested in drink, drugs, and skipping school to be 'hip and cool' with their friends.

Thanks guys.
Thu 13/09/01 at 11:04
"High polygon count"
There's something I've been meaning to say on here for a while, and with the events of the last few days and people's reaction to them, this seems like a good time to get around to it.

A lot of you on these forums are young - particularly those that post regularly in the FoG threads.

I've never been particularly fond of 'kids'; even when I was at school, I saw many of the people as immature, and I didn't have time for them.

Even today when I walk around the estate where I live, and in Northampton Town Centre, I see people about the same age as many of you - teenagers - acting and sounding like complete idiots. There are even those in their late teens or early/mid-twenties who should know better, behaving like complete morons and sounding like retards with their mates.

It's not like that here.

Although I've had differences of opinion with some of you, I regard you all very highly and have a lot of respect for you. Whether you realise it or not, you shame a lot of people twice your age. You are thoughtful, considerate and caring, and it is refreshing to see that not *all* youngsters these days are only interested in drink, drugs, and skipping school to be 'hip and cool' with their friends.

Thanks guys.
Thu 13/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Although I've had differences of opinion with some of
> you, I regard you all very highly and have a lot of respect for you.

Of course, I'd expect nothing less!

> Whether you realise it or not, you shame a lot of people twice your
> age.

You're nearly twice my age....

>You are thoughtful, considerate and caring,

Is that the image I give across? Damn!

and it is
> refreshing to see that not *all* youngsters these days are only
> interested in drink, drugs, and skipping school to be 'hip and cool'
> with their friends.

Nope, just most of us, most of the time.

That reminds me, I need a smoke, a beer, and lots of sex.

:-)
Thu 13/09/01 at 11:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Err, thanks Wookie, You don't judge people very quickly do you? + I can't tell people ages on here even when they tell me how old they are I can't believe it e.g. is Reaper [oV] really so young! I thought he was about 25+! ah, it's a great shame he's left SR.
Thu 13/09/01 at 13:55
Regular
Hmmmmmmm, Wookie getting all sentimental, I guess this happens whenthe very core of our society is rocked in such a profound way. Let's just hope that this situation doesn't decend into a war, it isn't really something which will achieve any major stability in the world.
Thu 13/09/01 at 14:02
"High polygon count"
Fogmaster wrote:
> You don't judge people very quickly do you?

Sorry, maybe my brain just isn't functioning properly today, but I'm not sure what you mean by that?
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:44
Regular
Personally, I always thought of people on here as being roughly my age.
Sniper and Delta Java are some of the ones my age.
Grix and Fogmaster are a year older, FM and Meka are "grown-ups" (but clearly not at heart :-))

Basically, I've seen people on this site who are 19 but write in a way that makes you think they're eleven.

Its all down to maturity in writing.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:47
Regular
Strafex wrote:

"I've seen people on this site who are 19 but write in a way that makes you think they're eleven."

Yeah... but I'm still reluctant to believe that they really are that old. If I could watch the nineteen year old type that rubbish, then I would be truly shocked.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:48
Regular
Strafex wrote:
Basically, I've seen people on
> this site who are 19 but write in a way that makes you think they're
> eleven.

Thanks.
Thu 13/09/01 at 15:51
Regular
Having seen some of my school friends type, I think that they might well be telling the truth.

They don't bother with grammar most of the time and use netspeak like

how r u

It's more or less all writing maturity that many devellop while on this site.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
> Fogmaster wrote:
> You don't judge people very quickly do
> you?

>Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
Sorry, maybe my brain just isn't functioning properly today,
> but I'm not sure what you mean by that?

erm, sorry Wookie, it was a sarcastic remark, but I was bored.

I used to think people were older than me on this site but I found they were either a year or two younger or about 10 years older! people aren't treated differently, and I think it's nice to see 14yr olds talking with 25yr olds, consoles are very good multiaged topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.