GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soldier of Fortune 2'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Remember me?"
Traded in my Gamecube today at Game, and managed to get six Xbox games in return:

Freedom Fighters
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
Soul Calibur II
Spider-Man
TimeSplitters 2

They're all good - if not excellent - games, apart from Soldier of Fortune II, which has to be THE worst first person shooter I have ever played in my entire life (possibly excluding Hexen). It's slow, the controls are about as responsive as an angry Whitestripes on a bender and the whole game reeks in regards visuals and audio. Even the gore - which is supposed to be the game's main gimmick - is crap.

I was prepared to stick with it until I had a taste of the Live play, as Tiltawhirl claims it's excellent... but that isn't much cop either. I had a few goes earlier, and wasn't impressed one bit. Compared to the likes of Unreal Championship and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, SOF2's Live is a big pile of steaming dog muck. I may give the game another go later on if I can be bothered. But I can't see that happening.

Good job I have 10 days to take it back before I'm stuck with it for good.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Alastair stole my VCR.
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:56
Regular
Save your tantrums because there was no argument we were just discussing why. Oh I am sorry I see that dicussing things on here immediately becomes an argument...
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Another point is, will those people who buy a Cube on the strength of Mario Kart hang onto it very long ? And whilst sales are rising, how many people who originally bought one have sold it on ?
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:50
Regular
F**k's sake.

He chose to sell his cube.

So he did.

Arguement over.
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm not remotely interested in Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness 2, Metal Gear: Twin Snakes, Killer 7, Pikmin 2, Dead Phoniex or Geist. Mario Kart, 1080, Mario 128, F Zero GX, Viewtiful Joe, and Zelda will cost me a load of money and - as I've said countless times before - I will end up leaving them alone in favour of Xbox and Xbox Live. Plus Metroid Prime wasn't really that good.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>>
> Yes for me the Xbox is the strongest console but with the likes of
> Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness 2, Metal Gear: Twin Snakes,
> Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Pikmin 2, Dead Phoniex, Mario Kart: Double
> Dash, Mario 128, F Zero GX, Geist (not too keen on this at the
> moment), Metroid Prime 2, the new Zelda game amongst others I just
> think the alternatives on the Cube will post a massive challenge to
> the Xbox. It was/is the perfect combination of consoles and for the
> small price of £80 I just think it is silly to sell the
> console. By all means sell the games but for the £30-40 that
> places are actually offering for a Cube on Trade I just can't see it
> being worth the price of one Xbox game.

Sweet jesus, times change. :D

I agree mind you, just my Xbox is my new spangly PC.

With more games.

:P
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Belldandy wrote:
> One thing many Nintendo fans are missing completeley RE: Mario Kart
> DD; loads of people hate Mario games and their cartoony look, loads
> of people don't like multiplayer reliant games, loads of people don't
> like racing games.
>
> It'll be a good game, for Mario fans who like racing games, and it'll
> sell a few consoles no doubt.
>

Odd, racing is my least favourite genre.........

Mario Kart is legendary.

Odd too, lots of people I know have bought Cubes recently.........
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:46
Regular
Rare have done sweet FA up to press and until they do something decent I won't be interested in what they have to offer. Amped 2 for tricks, 1080 for racing. Project Gotham 2 for arcade, Mario Kart for utter genius and fun racing. Nintendo are the best games company in the world and I am yet to be disappointed with any games they have released for the Cube.

Yes for me the Xbox is the strongest console but with the likes of Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness 2, Metal Gear: Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Pikmin 2, Dead Phoniex, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario 128, F Zero GX, Geist (not too keen on this at the moment), Metroid Prime 2, the new Zelda game amongst others I just think the alternatives on the Cube will post a massive challenge to the Xbox. It was/is the perfect combination of consoles and for the small price of £80 I just think it is silly to sell the console. By all means sell the games but for the £30-40 that places are actually offering for a Cube on Trade I just can't see it being worth the price of one Xbox game.
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:39
Regular
"Remember me?"
As opposed to just having my Xbox and looking forward to Amped 2, Top Spin, Halo 2, Conker, Kameo, Grabbed by the Ghoulies (and whatever else Rare might have up their sleeves; Banjo-Kazooie, for example), as well as been safe in the knowledge that for a good few years yet I'll be able to afford to give Xbox Live my full attention and keep in touch with all the friends I've made on it.
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:11
Regular
I bought my PS2 for Pro Evoltion 3. For £79.99 Mario Kart will be worth the price of a GameCube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.