GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BE VERY CAREFUL IN WHAT YOU SAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
Obviously their are very strong feelings across the democratic world regarding the actions of yesterday.

Clearly there are extremist factions responsible who need to be brought to justice, and people harbouring them and funding them who also need to be punished.

However, the vast majority of people from all races would condemn the actions of yesterday. This is the work of mad extremists, not the work of the general public of any country or religion.

Please TAKE CARE not to allow your comments to be racist, and have a heart for those affected by avoiding any flippant comments or warmongering statements.

We are not prepared to allow anybody to use the forums to incite hatred of any form whatsoever.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:06
Very true, unfortunately many people do not realise what actually happened. They may see it as a blow against the "capitalist pigs" or whatever but what happened was many innocent people died who would have had no particualr wish to attack and kill anyone let alone the people who the terrorists are trying to "protect". Self defence is one thing but attacking those who aren't harming you is going too far. Were they to have been at war and attacked a military instalation then this would have been less stupid because they could be said to have been protecting themselves in wartime but killing outside of wars and not even killing military or political persons is just fighting against freedom. Terrorists may believe they are fighting for a cause but what would they do if the world submitted to them? They would rule the people in a cruel and tyrannical manner with terror as their tool so in the end they are not just as bad as what they think they are fighting but they are infact worse. I would like to think that the Americans would not bomb a place and kill innocents because of their beliefs. Of course, this might not be the case with the way America has dealt with communism in the past but they have never actually used force. In the future I hope that everyone learns from the mistakes of these fools and realises that every individual wherever they are, whatever they believe is a Human being and has as much right to exist and be safe as they do.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:05
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
As far as I know that coverage shown on the BBC was actually of a small group of Palestinians in Jerusalem (Israel), not Afghanistan.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:59
"High polygon count"
It was on BBC's news coverage yesterday evening. Men, women and children, dancing in the street, waving flags, cheering, clapping and honking car horns as if it was a day of national celebration.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:56
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I have watched hour upon hour of the coverage on networks such as the BBC, Sky News, CNN, ABC and more and have seen no evidence of widespread celebrations in Afghanistan.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
loki wrote:
> Which country was that?

Afganistan were celebrating the actions of the day, clapping, cheering..... and I will stop there as I was going to start to make comments
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:48
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Which country was that?
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:
This is the work of mad
> extremists, not the work of the general public of any country or
> religion.

Although this is very true and I don't disagree with the topic and comments you make Tony, I feel heavily angered that a whole country was celebrating the actions of yesterday saying that 'God had made Justice'.....

...sick
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:23
"High polygon count"
I made an extemely angry post on here yesterday evening, which was deleted.

While I will not apologise for what I said - some of which was understandably mis-interpreted due to the angry tone - I *will* apologise for posting it here in these forums, which are not the place.

My post was not intended as racism against Arab people in general, but those who commit these crimes, those that continue to shelter them, and those that cheer in the streets upon hearing the news.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
100% here also. This isnt the place for hate or racism.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:09
Regular
Agree 100% with you Tony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.