GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BE VERY CAREFUL IN WHAT YOU SAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
Obviously their are very strong feelings across the democratic world regarding the actions of yesterday.

Clearly there are extremist factions responsible who need to be brought to justice, and people harbouring them and funding them who also need to be punished.

However, the vast majority of people from all races would condemn the actions of yesterday. This is the work of mad extremists, not the work of the general public of any country or religion.

Please TAKE CARE not to allow your comments to be racist, and have a heart for those affected by avoiding any flippant comments or warmongering statements.

We are not prepared to allow anybody to use the forums to incite hatred of any form whatsoever.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:40
Your Honour wrote:
> Gronti_v wrote:
If they want to make
> a statement or political
> point they should all hand themselves in
> and say that they
> deserve to die for fighting against freedom. Then
> they would
> be showing that what they did is wrong

You still don't get it,
> do you?

THEY DON'T THINK THAT THEY ARE WRONG.

They think they
> are in the right.

They don't think they are fightig against
> freedom, they think they are fighting FOR freedom.

I'm sorry but you don't understand me. I understand that they believe they are in the right, hence why they are fools. They blind themselves to the truth or whatever believing they are fighting for freedom or the good of the people. The fact is that until they realise that they are wrong, which is very unlikely, they will continue to commit horrednous acts under a confused belief. What I'm saying is that I hope that people in all countries wherever they are can learn to accept that terrorism is not good in any way shape or form. I know people are capable of it, most people even believe this but it's those who believe that it is the only way they will be heard and teach this fact that are the ones who must learn themselves. I'm not sure I'm explaining it well but I actually know all that you said and I'm just expressing a wish that people would realise that everyone has as much right to freedom as anyone else and killing them without their permission is taking that freedom away.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
loki wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> loki wrote:
> Wookiee,

As inhumane and
> shocking these small
> celebrations might
> be, but the day
> we can justify 'dealing
> with' people for dancing, is
> the
> day we should give up on our
> own humanity for good.

loki,
> they were dancing because people had
> been crushed, killed and
> the whole of America and even London was
> affected by the
> completely horrific news. :(

I know it's terrible, but what do
> you want to do? Imprison them, kill them? For not being nice
> people? That is not how we behave in the free world. Face facts or
> hope we go down the path to barbarism.

If it comes to it... then yes... show them that America can be just as violent... there really is no answer to the problem :(
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:28
Regular
Gronti_v wrote:
If they want to make
> a statement or political point they should all hand themselves in
> and say that they deserve to die for fighting against freedom. Then
> they would be showing that what they did is wrong

You still don't get it, do you?

THEY DON'T THINK THAT THEY ARE WRONG.

They think they are in the right.

They don't think they are fightig against freedom, they think they are fighting FOR freedom.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:28
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
er-no wrote:
> loki wrote:
> Wookiee,

As inhumane and shocking these small
> celebrations might
> be, but the day we can justify 'dealing
> with' people for dancing, is
> the day we should give up on our
> own humanity for good.

loki, they were dancing because people had
> been crushed, killed and the whole of America and even London was
> affected by the completely horrific news. :(

I know it's terrible, but what do you want to do? Imprison them, kill them? For not being nice people? That is not how we behave in the free world. Face facts or hope we go down the path to barbarism.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:26
loki wrote:
> Wookiee,

As inhumane and shocking these small celebrations might
> be, but the day we can justify 'dealing with' people for dancing, is
> the day we should give up on our own humanity for good.

Agreed, they should be "educated". Unfortunately I'm totally against any sort of violence against misguided people such as these. Violence against the misguided terrorists would be acceptable to a point but I'd prefer they were arrested with mininal force. If they want to make a statement or political point they should all hand themselves in and say that they deserve to die for fighting against freedom. Then they would be showing that what they did is wrong, of course they probably just don't realise how wrong they were.

The wrong idea about things is put into our heads too often, even the bible preaches vengence against the enslaving Egyptians done by their god. Too much revenge. Of course they later preach that Jesus forgives the person who betrayed him and believes that he should be given a chance to learn that what he did was wrong without any violence.

Life imprisonment would be a good punishment if it wasn't for the risk, it would certainly give them a good chance to think about what they had actually done. I'm sure friends and relatives of the dead would rather see them hang but our justice system tries to show that people can change. It would be good if some of the terrorists turned around and began campaigning against their own organisation but as long as they blind themselves to the truth this just wont happen.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
loki wrote:
> Wookiee,

As inhumane and shocking these small celebrations might
> be, but the day we can justify 'dealing with' people for dancing, is
> the day we should give up on our own humanity for good.

loki, they were dancing because people had been crushed, killed and the whole of America and even London was affected by the completely horrific news. :(
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Wookiee,

As inhumane and shocking these small celebrations might be, but the day we can justify 'dealing with' people for dancing, is the day we should give up on our own humanity for good.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:15
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
As far as I know, no country was celebrating.

A small number of Palestinians in one area of Jerusalem in Israel were celebrating, but these were a tiny minority, not a whole country. Yet we have people accusing Afghanistan of celebrating because of these pictures!

There were fires in Afghanistan but they were not American attacks, they are thought to be caused by unrelated opposition forces within Afghanistan.

Most leaders of the arab world have condemned the attacks, with only a few (like the Iraqi state media and Bin Laden) justifying them.

Let us please try to keep the unfounded accusations to a minimum.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:10
"High polygon count"
loki wrote:
> As far as I know that coverage shown on the BBC was actually of a
> small group of Palestinians in Jerusalem (Israel), not Afghanistan.

Whoever and wherever they are, they are apparently just as fanatical as those who hijacked and crashed the planes.

My view is that they should be considered just as dangerous, and dealt with accordingly.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
loki wrote:
> As far as I know that coverage shown on the BBC was actually of a
> small group of Palestinians in Jerusalem (Israel), not Afghanistan.

I am confused... which country was celebrating and which country had the small buildings on fire which was apparently work of the US.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.