GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BE VERY CAREFUL IN WHAT YOU SAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
Obviously their are very strong feelings across the democratic world regarding the actions of yesterday.

Clearly there are extremist factions responsible who need to be brought to justice, and people harbouring them and funding them who also need to be punished.

However, the vast majority of people from all races would condemn the actions of yesterday. This is the work of mad extremists, not the work of the general public of any country or religion.

Please TAKE CARE not to allow your comments to be racist, and have a heart for those affected by avoiding any flippant comments or warmongering statements.

We are not prepared to allow anybody to use the forums to incite hatred of any form whatsoever.
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:51
Regular
SR staff, I would once again like to appoligise for my opinion which got me into trouble. I have thought about what I said and realise how stupid it must have sounded.
DOH!

Sorry, It'll never happen again, it was too much shock for me to take in. :)
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What you've got to consider is, what are the gains of killing terrorists. If, say, you kill 10,000 terrorists because they killed 40 people, then that's wrong. However, I doubt that 10,000 terrorists were involved yesterday, so in my opinion, neutralising the people responsible for this, althought not morally right, is the best course of action.
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:12
Regular
ok, We should be careful in what we say i mean we should not mention it the more mention it gets, more attacks can happen.
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:56
well i've just been on cnn.com 20 mins ago and i've just seen footage of the planes crashing it was sickening.

I can undersans why some of you are angry to be honest i am too
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:34
"High polygon count"
Gronti_v wrote:
> You are probably right but it would be good if
> there was some way to make them learn.

Unfortunately, whatever you tried, there will always be some politically-correct do-gooder (this is *not* a dig at loki) who would say that it's 'not right'.

So we have two choices - live with it, accepting that they will continue to kill our friends and families, or deal with them.

And again, I must stress that by 'them' I do not mean entire nations, just the terrorists.

If the only way to stop them is by killing them, then my response is 'rather them than us'. As long as terrorism exists, people will die; I'd rather the dead were a few terrorists and their supporters over the next few years, than a few thousand innocent civilians around the world over the next few decades.
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:21
It's probably just the police overreacting. In such circumstances a lot of people show rascist tendencies even if they don't mean to.
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
(American) police say they have arrested 5 Arab men with regards to the attack. ~ Sky News
Wed 12/09/01 at 13:04
That's okay YH, no apology needed. It was an easy mistake to make and it was maybe my fault for not using the right words.

I know what you mean, Wookie, when you say that they are too fanatical to be educated and perhaps the only way to deal with them would be to eliminate them. You are probably right but it would be good if there was some way to make them learn. Unfortunately people are very unwilling to change their beliefs, especially under pressure. This is why terrorism doesn't really work but it is also why it's hard to eliminate. In Ireland just now people fight because their neighbours go to a different church, neither would ever give up their beliefs and would gladly give up their lifes first and they both know this. The problem is that they just wont allow themselves to live with these people who are different and fight for no reason at all. It's not even a dispute over territory or anything, it's like killing people who's favorite colour is red just because yours is green. They should just be happy that they have their beliefs and that includes the fact that those with different beliefs are going to hell. It's not like they will save their immortal soul by killing them or attacking them, all they'll end up doing is damning themselves. "Love thy neighbour"? One day this phrase might have meaning.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:45
Regular
Gronti, I see what you're saying now.

Sorry.
Wed 12/09/01 at 12:40
"High polygon count"
loki wrote:
> As inhumane and shocking these small celebrations might
> be, but the day we can justify 'dealing with' people for dancing, is
> the day we should give up on our own humanity for good.

I can understand what you're saying, but for as long as people this fanatical exist, they are a danger.

They clearly believe they are in the right, and so can't be 'educated', and I for one am sick of being 'nice' about the whole terrorist situation, constantly turning the other cheek only for that to be slapped too.

Although the fanatics unfortunately seem incapable of it, you and I will just have to agree to differ.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.