GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two games a day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/01 at 10:41
Regular
As most of you will be aware, the forums have stopped growing. This places a question mark over the extra game being given out every day, which really is more justified at the 2000 mark (as originally intended).

Can anybody tell my why the forums have stopped growing? If possible we would prefer them to continue their ascent.
Wed 12/09/01 at 10:41
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
As most of you will be aware, the forums have stopped growing. This places a question mark over the extra game being given out every day, which really is more justified at the 2000 mark (as originally intended).

Can anybody tell my why the forums have stopped growing? If possible we would prefer them to continue their ascent.
Wed 12/09/01 at 10:44
"High polygon count"
Maybe they need re-potting and more watering?
Wed 12/09/01 at 10:46
Regular
Maybe it's just that time of year.

People are back of to uni and school and have less free time to come on the 'net as they adjust again.

Leave it a week or so and see how it goes.
Wed 12/09/01 at 10:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I know you advertise alot but not everyone who would like to come here and try and will see these adverts. Word of mouth is a good way, have people tell their friends and maybe award regulars (with reddies or something similar) if they can get some of there friends to join. Just have a bit that asks for the name of a member who suggested the site to you.
Also you could ask members with site to but a little advert in for it.
The only problem may be people not wanting to tell people to come here as it gives them less of a chance to win.
Wed 12/09/01 at 10:59
Regular
"not dead"
It's also the traditional 'summer lull' in gaming. Things will probably pick up again as the nights draw in.
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have told all my mates about this site, It's a cool place to be. I do recon that the end of the school hols have been a bit responsible, and there has been a few a-hols that have come and abused the place recently, which might have put a few off.

I'll stay though... :)
Wed 12/09/01 at 11:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Reason:

The forums have lost their 'va-va-vroom' which they originally had to the users that made it so special to be a part of. Yes the users are still on the forums and they still post, however they dont post anywhere near as much as they used to.

This is the reason for the forums taking a huge dip below the 2000 mark.

hmmm...cough... new forum just for gaming in general, not future gaming, not past gaming... gaming in general.

Well its an idea.
Wed 12/09/01 at 14:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I would imagine that some parents have told their children to 'Lay off the Net' for a while to get back into the swing of school and college. Don't worry the initiative will die and they'll be back more. We've also lost a few people to University. 21% of all posters will reach University time over a 3 year period starting the beginning of this academic year. Also, people will still be on holiday. And people will have less leisure time as a result of going back to school, college or work after the holidays.

I think, that if the Red Number is updated every 5 minutes instead of every hour, you'll see where the weak spots are and you can wither accept them or try and work around it!

The 2 games a day thing should stand, because it gives the less educated, younger and no so smart people more of a chance to win a game.

But yeah... it's all about going back to school. It'll pass.
Wed 12/09/01 at 14:11
For example I went back to college recently. Luckily I get some time off to come home and go on here, watch TV and play games. That might be another reason actually, people would rather play games than talk about them (the fools). There are always other concerns, as far as forums go it's not bad to have this many people on most of the time every day. The actual number of users would be higher than those who are on now it's just that they are on when they get a chance.
Wed 12/09/01 at 15:07
Regular
My posting has decreased dramitiaclly since i went bac to college. I was averaging about 40 posts a day in the holidays. Now that figure has dropped closer to about 10 posts a day. i just dont get the same amount of time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.