GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak II - Renagade"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jak 2: renegade'.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:29
Regular
Mmmm not baaad

Similar to the first one, yet totally different at the same time.

Jak talks!!
Daxter swears!!
TIMMARGH!!!
They've ditched the 1st person view mode
The FMV clips are "lush"
I "borrowed" a zoomer from some dude.
Dark Jak....niiiiiice

I'm gonna go play more now.
Mon 25/07/11 at 22:23
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
SO DAMN TRUE this game is totaly epic best game for ps2 ever i love this game glad other people like it to
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:07
Dx Man, if you're still stuck on the sewer mission, an easy way to do it is to just keep doing the spin shoot thing with the yellow gun. Really effective, just keep hammering R1 and Circle and move the left stick a bit so you get the auto aim working. Oh yeah, and make sure you don't get too caught up in the fighting and end up leaving your buddies with 4 metal heads to take on. As a rule, don't go into the water, if you have, then you're too far away.
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:18
Regular
Anyone know a good way to do the ring challanges? I absolutly hate races, time challenges and racing games. A few bits of races isn't too bad but its just sheere boardem rolled into a game. I tried one up near onin and pecker's place and got onto foot, got back onto s vehicle then screwed up, and which is what I keep doing. Any tips to make the boardem races fly by?
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:16
Regular
down wrote:
> Hmm.
>
> Stuck again.
>
> It's the mission where you have to get three REALLY DUMB guys through
> the sewers, and I always get to the bit with the millions of metal
> heads falling from the skies, but then I screw up and die, or, I save
> one of the guys by shooting a metal head who is about to eat it, then
> he shoots me, or they don't even attempt to kill the metal head who
> is chewing into my back while I hold off 6 others.
>
> Frustrating.
>
> Tried it like a million times or something and still can't do it.
> Anyone got any ideas how?

I know exactly how you feel. I'm up to there and I'ts the only mission I have left untill I can get a new one. I keep getting to the cutscene will all the mettle heads but I usually only have 1 hit left on me. My friend told me a good timp though. Get enough dark eco and when you get there use the X then sqaure move (the big explosion wave thingy move) and he said that it usually kills most of them and it saves you will lots of ammy left to shoot the ass off the rest. I have tried it and only had a few mettle heads left then bam a laser hits me and ZAP!!! I'm dead, have to restart and get really annoyed. I think they should've made an auto save at that point so you can keep trying and makes you play longer in one go.
Tue 27/01/04 at 23:31
Hmm.

Stuck again.

It's the mission where you have to get three REALLY DUMB guys through the sewers, and I always get to the bit with the millions of metal heads falling from the skies, but then I screw up and die, or, I save one of the guys by shooting a metal head who is about to eat it, then he shoots me, or they don't even attempt to kill the metal head who is chewing into my back while I hold off 6 others.

Frustrating.

Tried it like a million times or something and still can't do it. Anyone got any ideas how?
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:09
Actually never mind, I got through it.

Damn good game.
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:22
Had to search to find this topic, but I am so damn stuck and I felt the need to vent my frustration.

I'm on the mission where you have to blow up the ship at the drill platform and you go in the rail-guided gun turret things.

I've only moved a tiny bit along the rail, and I stop in the middle of the curve and the things blow me up.

It's so damn hard!

Any tips?
Sat 22/11/03 at 15:16
Regular
CLUBMAN wrote:
> thanks for that but when im behind a pillar he only fires 2 bombs and
> we i go and get it he blows a section of floor away, if the battle
> goes on for ages do he get rid of all thr floor?

You can jump over the gaps, their not that big. You need to be quick, all I did was remain behind the two central pillars and then after he had stopped firing, I kicked the bombs into him.

And he only blew one section of the floor away when I battled him, but I suspect he'd blow up another 1 or 2 if the battle went on longer.
Fri 21/11/03 at 09:54
Regular
"mini that is"
Fígó wrote:
> CLUBMAN wrote:
> im trying to beat the baron when hes getting the precursor stone i
> can
> beat him upto were he gets the stone and he gets extra power but
> then
> i just get whooped can someone please help?
>
> Hide behind the pillars, then after he has stopped firing, punch or
> kick the bombs into him. Repeat until his health dimishes.

thanks for that but when im behind a pillar he only fires 2 bombs and we i go and get it he blows a section of floor away, if the battle goes on for ages do he get rid of all thr floor?
Thu 20/11/03 at 18:57
Regular
Oh and Smiling Demon, theres ammo in the crates for whatever gun you have selected at that time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.