GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2 : the Fall of Max Payne'.
Sat 18/10/03 at 18:41
Regular
Well the game is out on Friday and even though I won't be getting it, I know most of you will, so here is the thread to discuss the game. Have fun, oh and if a demo is released, please someone tell me :)
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ta Cipro, I'm orf to seek this out now.
Nice one.
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
gerrod!!! wrote:
> Why must you make me want this game AS WELL as all the others I need
> to get.
> I guess I'll have to go and rob some more banks if I want it.

Heh, sorry, but I've been waiting for this game for ages, I've wanted it more than Half-Life 2 so no that I've got it I just can't help but get excited about playing it.
Thu 23/10/03 at 14:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cipro wrote:
> So you'll actually move at quite a normal speed while bad guys seem to
> go more slower

Correction on that, I've explored it a bit more and you do still move in slow motion, just not as slow as the bad guys.
Thu 23/10/03 at 13:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why must you make me want this game AS WELL as all the others I need to get.
I guess I'll have to go and rob some more banks if I want it.
Thu 23/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy wrote:
> Before 5 please sir, getting this tomorrow.
> How you get it today?

I bought it from a place I've used before which usually gets out games a day before the official release if you pre-order them. Anyway, the game so far is bloody excellent, everything you'd want from a sequel to Max Payne.

The story is as gritty and stylish as it can be, and the comic book style cut scenes are used to great effect. The game itself is pretty much unchanged from the original, it's action all the way with little or no difference in the game-play what so ever, but there are plenty of nice new additions included.

The rag doll physics are great, a little morbid perhaps but blasting a bad guy clear across the room into a pile of boxes that collapse under his weight, or shooting a gas canister across the room before it ignites and explodes killing anyone in the blast radius make the action side of this game as exciting as any action game I've ever played.

You even get help from NPCs from time to time, which leads to some huge gun battles, although A.I. isn't particularly impressive. Still, it doesn't need to be.

Bullet time seems different here, given a cool new blur effect it also seems that when you activate bullet time in this game, you actually move faster than the enemies that inhabit the game. So you'll actually move at quite a normal speed while bad guys seem to go more slower, it's actually quite a nifty addition and quite fun to use.

Graphics have been improved quite considerably as well, environments look mostly unchanged, but character models are excellent. Very detailed with some nice facial expression and some great animation, and the gun models look brilliant too, the detail in the weapons is immense as are the muzzle flashes. It'll make for some cool screenshots that's for sure.

While I've only played over an hour of it so far, I'm loving every bit of it. Great action, nice story and much better use of bullet time that that Matrix game that game out a few months ago. Put simply, if you liked Max Payne, you'll love Max Payne 2.
Thu 23/10/03 at 11:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And me. I shall be able to get it tommorrow, just wondering if its worth it.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Before 5 please sir, getting this tomorrow.
How you get it today?
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
After you've completed it? ;)
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have the game in my posetion right now, just currently installing it (it comes on 3 discs) Opinion to follow sometime later today.
Wed 22/10/03 at 13:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> As for Cipro's 10 hour completion

That's just an estimate as to how long the game was supposed to last, I never found out how long it took me to complete, but I do know it was shorter than most game I had at the time.

A pity too, Max Payne is one of the few game I just wanted to keep on going after completing it, I really hoped the sequel would have been longer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.