GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2 : the Fall of Max Payne'.
Sat 18/10/03 at 18:41
Regular
Well the game is out on Friday and even though I won't be getting it, I know most of you will, so here is the thread to discuss the game. Have fun, oh and if a demo is released, please someone tell me :)
Sat 25/10/03 at 14:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The rotation thing looks facking mint but how does it work? Does he
> only do it every once in a while or do you have to press or activate
> something?

It's basically just reloading the gun in bullet time, nothing too special but it looks pretty cool.

Yesterday I did quite a funny level where you have to help Vinnie Gogniti who's trpped in a Captain Baseball Batboy outfit which is fitted with a bomb. There where moments where he got his head stuck in the doorway it was so big, quite amusing.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:44
Regular
The rotation thing looks facking mint but how does it work? Does he only do it every once in a while or do you have to press or activate something?
Fri 24/10/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I just completed Max Payne two about an hour ago, and it really is the best example of short and sweet. Best of all, it has replay value, and I know I am going to complete this game again.
Fri 24/10/03 at 18:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
First thoughts?

Well, feels very similar to the first game - interpret that as you will. Everythings immediately familiar in terms of controls, GUI, Max himself etc. Is this game running on an upgraded version of the original game engine? Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

Bit of a poor start to it I felt, but is starting to pick up now. Shame each chapter isn't very long, but hopefully later chapters will be tougher to complete.

Got the game running at 1280x1024 with absolutely everything cranked up, and no framerate probs, which is nice.

Just hoping the game has a few original ideas in it that will show up along the way...
Fri 24/10/03 at 17:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I may well get this over the weekend...
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:46
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Traded in Halo for this today - only set me back a tenner, which I thought was rather good indeed!

Nice packaging - gonna be a pain to store away though. Just installing the beast now. :)
Fri 24/10/03 at 14:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bane wrote:
> After you've completed it? ;)

I just have actually, very short game indeed, but entertaining all the way. A new game mode is opened up one you complete as well as most of the other difficulty setting (except New York Minute).

The new game type is called Dead Man Walking, and gives you about 5 places from the game to choose from. In these areas you basically have to stay alive for as long as possible while enemies spwan in from spawn points dotted around the maps. Quite fun, though it can become repetative, more so than the actual game. Still nice addition, and great game though it should have been allot longer.
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Hooray, my copy arrived today (thank you Special Reserve) and it's bloody great! Been playing it for a few hours, and it doesn't dissapoint. Great storyline, and I definetely sense a might twist in the story at some time.
Thu 23/10/03 at 17:45
Regular
its meant to be good but bloody short like the old one..
Thu 23/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
My copy will arrive on Friday. Hmmmm, that's tomorrow. Nice!! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.