GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intolerance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 15:47
Regular
The events of today have kind of put into perspective which console is best, what game is best and who is dumb for liking Nintendo etc.

Who gives a toss if Gates wants to release a new games machine?
Who cares if the PS2 has more polygons than Dreamcast.

We need to get a perspective and learn to tolerate, understand and accept that I like something different to you and that's cool.

It's when people start to shout and scream to drown out the voice of someone else that resentment starts.
Might be someone having a go at you for liking Microsoft, might be someone deciding a fly planes into your buildings because you fight over oil.

Shame on this race for finding reasons to hate and fight.
No way to live, and this is what happens.
If nothing else comes of this today, perhaps we might be a little slower to attack someone because they look funny, talk differently to you, have different skin, like a different video-games machine.
Bigotry, hatred, envy, intolerance, violence and hostility stem from the basic refusal to listen to someone else and try to understand them.

I am ashamed to be on this planet today.
This is why I joined Amnesty International, this is why I take issue with racists and other forms of stupidity.
Because if you ignore and look away when we something that upsets us, it leads to this kind of sick action today.

Goddamn.
That's all I can say, goddamit.
My Uncle works in The Pentagon and Quantico Marine Base, and I can't find out if he's ok or not.
This suck, and the biggest emotion I have is one of shame.

Damn this planet, damn this species and damn those that refuse to talk and listen.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:14
Regular
My sympathies for you and those close to you goatboy.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm so sorry, Goatboy.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:55
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Completely agree with PB here.

It really does make it hit home.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:34
Regular
Sheepy sends his condolences.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> if you r coming into this forum don't b stupid, it is very
> serious:(

Does it look like I have a smile on my face?
No.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:22
"possibly impossible"
God, this really makes it hit home.

Sorry to hear of your loss Goatboy, it shouldn't happen to anyone, let alone someone whose description you give makes him sound like a great man.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I don't know what you can say...my deepest sympathies, I understand that you want some time away..
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's waful when you lose someone close to you. My Grandfather dies recently, I know what you're going through.
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:15
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> my uncle died

i dont want to post for a while, thank you for the
> words expressed here today

S**t, I'm sorry mate.

I don't know what else to say...
Tue 11/09/01 at 19:12
"period drama"
if you r coming into this forum don't b stupid, it is very serious:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.