GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intolerance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 15:47
Regular
The events of today have kind of put into perspective which console is best, what game is best and who is dumb for liking Nintendo etc.

Who gives a toss if Gates wants to release a new games machine?
Who cares if the PS2 has more polygons than Dreamcast.

We need to get a perspective and learn to tolerate, understand and accept that I like something different to you and that's cool.

It's when people start to shout and scream to drown out the voice of someone else that resentment starts.
Might be someone having a go at you for liking Microsoft, might be someone deciding a fly planes into your buildings because you fight over oil.

Shame on this race for finding reasons to hate and fight.
No way to live, and this is what happens.
If nothing else comes of this today, perhaps we might be a little slower to attack someone because they look funny, talk differently to you, have different skin, like a different video-games machine.
Bigotry, hatred, envy, intolerance, violence and hostility stem from the basic refusal to listen to someone else and try to understand them.

I am ashamed to be on this planet today.
This is why I joined Amnesty International, this is why I take issue with racists and other forms of stupidity.
Because if you ignore and look away when we something that upsets us, it leads to this kind of sick action today.

Goddamn.
That's all I can say, goddamit.
My Uncle works in The Pentagon and Quantico Marine Base, and I can't find out if he's ok or not.
This suck, and the biggest emotion I have is one of shame.

Damn this planet, damn this species and damn those that refuse to talk and listen.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:20
Great post RBS. You are one of the most... Level headed, mature guys I have ever EVER met.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:04
Regular
RBS, agree completely mate.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Respect to the people who are helping with getting any survivors out of the rubble.

We may read about heroes in books, or about heroes in films, but the real heroes are out there, curing sick people, phoning 999 when someones hurt and pulling people from piles of rubble at their own health.

We allways think of heroes as the people who do something really amazing like going in to rescue the President or the Prime Minister from kidnappers or something, but at this moment in time, the people who are helping with the rescue operation in the USA are the people doing the really amazing thing. They're risking their own lives to save others. And the people they're saving aren't anyone important (Sorry wrong phrasing but I can't think of anything else) they're not world leaders, or anything like that. They're ordinary people who's lives have been turned upside down by these terrorists, whoever they are, and the paramedics, doctors, firemen, policemen... Even normal civillians are risking their own lives going in to save them.

Sod men in tights with super powers, the real heroes are the doctors, paramedics, policemen, firemen and even normal civillians who save peoples lives everyday of the week.

Respect to them, and anyone else who's ever diregarded their own safety to help someone else. We as a race owe you.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:58
I am sorry for anyone who knew anyone involved. I am sorry for everyone who exists that they have to be put through this. I am sorry for the terrosists who are insane.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:53
Sorry to hear that, it shouldn't have to happen to anyone.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:51
Regular
Semejal, I'm sorry mate.

I really don't know what else to say.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:46
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
What is worse even is that entirew families will have been killed.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i think id better stop for tonight as im not thinking well.

I htink that as a mark of respect we should change our taglines. Think of somthing respectful and change it.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
semajal wrote:
> My mums sister lives in new York and my mum is really worried.

I
> hope we can all be compassoinate to other people and not be rude or
> offensive.

I know how you feel as i have lost both my uncles and
> a couple of other relatives.

not in this but i still don't know
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:41
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i feel sorry for all those lost today.

It will take a while for the full reality of this to set in. I still feel like its some disaster movie but i know its real and that its happened. i hope whoever caused those attacks is found and punished.

Sorry if im typing badly, im just a bit shaken. I feel so sorry for goatboy. I also feel so helpless as there is nothing i can do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.