GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intolerance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 15:47
Regular
The events of today have kind of put into perspective which console is best, what game is best and who is dumb for liking Nintendo etc.

Who gives a toss if Gates wants to release a new games machine?
Who cares if the PS2 has more polygons than Dreamcast.

We need to get a perspective and learn to tolerate, understand and accept that I like something different to you and that's cool.

It's when people start to shout and scream to drown out the voice of someone else that resentment starts.
Might be someone having a go at you for liking Microsoft, might be someone deciding a fly planes into your buildings because you fight over oil.

Shame on this race for finding reasons to hate and fight.
No way to live, and this is what happens.
If nothing else comes of this today, perhaps we might be a little slower to attack someone because they look funny, talk differently to you, have different skin, like a different video-games machine.
Bigotry, hatred, envy, intolerance, violence and hostility stem from the basic refusal to listen to someone else and try to understand them.

I am ashamed to be on this planet today.
This is why I joined Amnesty International, this is why I take issue with racists and other forms of stupidity.
Because if you ignore and look away when we something that upsets us, it leads to this kind of sick action today.

Goddamn.
That's all I can say, goddamit.
My Uncle works in The Pentagon and Quantico Marine Base, and I can't find out if he's ok or not.
This suck, and the biggest emotion I have is one of shame.

Damn this planet, damn this species and damn those that refuse to talk and listen.
Wed 12/09/01 at 09:17
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Goatboy, Im really sorry to hear your news.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
This may sound rarther nasty, but i dont feel involved enough to cry, yes im shocked and upset buy it all, but i just dont feel the need to cry. Plus im not the kinda person that really shows my emotions. Different people have different ways of dealing with things.
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Tip: Don't listen to 'Don't Cry - Guns N Roses' it's so sad!

Maybe crying does help, I don't know. I haven't really cried yet. Maybe i'm still in shock... maybe it hasn't effected me in the same way as those involves and their families. I'm not embarrased that I haven't cried, i've prayed, but not cried.

I suppose my faith has helped me loads. Knowing that america is such a goldy nation has reassured me that they'll have some special help from the man upstairs whilst recovering from this one.

God WILL Bless America... for sticking up for his people.

Man... This whole thing seems so uncomprehendable. The victims and the murdered both had hearts, minds, hands.. hands that can hold another or hands that can fly a plane, hearts that can love or hearts that are dead to love and minds that say let the heart lead and rescue trapped people or minds that are so full of anguish and hatred that they cause pain and suffering.

It's almost upsetting that these murderers and the victims were so a like.

God!
Tue 11/09/01 at 22:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Goatboy, you didn't deserve that mate...I'm sorry.

I know words will mean nothing to you at the moment, but be strong, I know you can get through this.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
My thoughts go out to all the people in anyway sadly connected to what happened.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:45
"period drama"
cant exprees my sympathy

well done everyone for being so supportive to each other.
u r human after all

:(
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:42
Wow. Everyone has contributed and it makes me feel dead proud to be on a forum this honest and true to the human race.

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS! I think you have made a tragic thing, a lot easier for some of us.

T_W

(:)
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:38
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You know what the most horrific thing about this insane incident is? The fact that the planes that were suicidally crashed into the buildings WITH PASSENGERS IN THEM. I thought that maybe they were just empty and only consisted of the kamikaze pilot - but no; they were full of innocent, happy people who were just either on their way home, or off on holiday - little did they know, until the plane was heading directly for the buildings, that they were going to die that day.

I don't think this catastrophe has quite sunk in yet...

P.S, sorry for your loss, Goatboy.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:31
Your Honour wrote:
> Time_Warp wrote:
> Great post RBS. You are one of the most...
> Level headed, mature guys
> I have ever EVER met.

Except
> for me of course.

:-)

Sorry Alex, RBS took me away from your maturity too.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:26
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> Great post RBS. You are one of the most... Level headed, mature guys
> I have ever EVER met.

Except for me of course.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.