GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moderators - What Can You Do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/07 at 10:07
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good Morning All!

Moderators and non Moderators alike, lend me your ears! (or eyes in this case!) With all the recent stress and aggravation caused by the JA's, we at Freeola are wishing to know exactly what:

A) Moderators - what would you like to be able to do, to be able to perform your jobs more effectively?

B) Regulars and chatters - What would you like to see Moderators able to do, to be able to help protect the forums from spammers and abusive users? Or do you think they currently have enough power?

Once we know exactly what you want to be able to do on here, without having to worry about alerting us staffies all the time, (although we should always be lurking to take action) we should be able to make this a better place to be.
Sat 10/03/07 at 17:55
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Yeah we just allow JAT's to do the job :) No not really, not entirely sure, though I expect there would be others who want to take the place near enough straight away. I think we are going to start allowing you guys to start Modding on more than one forum at a time as well, again not 100% on this, need to have it chiseled in stone first!
Fri 09/03/07 at 19:46
Regular
"..."
Vexxxed...if you're around, do we have a contingency plan for replacing moderators who leave/want to resign from user created forums?
Thu 08/03/07 at 11:54
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
We certainly like some of the ideas put forward by your selves, these should be in line for testing and releasing in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled! - but please not literally :)
Thu 08/03/07 at 10:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Machie wrote:

> When are the changes going to be made?

*Cough cough*
Wed 07/03/07 at 11:05
Regular
I'll say.. never
Wed 07/03/07 at 11:03
Regular
When are the changes going to be made?
Mon 05/03/07 at 14:22
Regular
Not sure about the closing of threads but I like the idea of freezing accounts as long as we can delete their spammy threads and psots still.
Mon 05/03/07 at 14:14
Regular
"8==="
Harpooning and then freezing.

"GET OVER HERE!"
Mon 05/03/07 at 14:11
"possibly impossible"
tnc wrote:
> Lock a thread - rather than deleting it entirely, it stops any
> more posts being made, and then a Staffie can decide whether to
> ban it or not
>
> The ability to 'freeze' users; basically, rather than banning
> them you could stop the posting across the board for a while.
> Barring a user, I believe is only relevant to the forum you
> moderate.
>

Not so sure about locking, but certainly freezing users is a great idea. It also makes the mods feel like they have Mortal Kombat style super-powers...
Mon 05/03/07 at 10:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Perfectly put, tnc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.