GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you noticed?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 14:27
Regular
Have you noticed that it's only the 'Sonyphiles' and the 'Nintys' that are having the "Our console is better than yours" argument?

Whereas XBoxy's (or whatever the hell we're called) are just sitting back and waiting for our new box of tricks to be released, not a peep from any of us.

People who are interested in the XBox, myself and FM and a few others round here, are waiting quietly, without need for arguments and discrepencies.

I wonder why this is?

(Cue some extremly witty comment from Wookiee along the lines of "But thats becuase EVERYONE knows the Xbox is rubbish" :-))
Mon 10/09/01 at 14:27
Regular
Have you noticed that it's only the 'Sonyphiles' and the 'Nintys' that are having the "Our console is better than yours" argument?

Whereas XBoxy's (or whatever the hell we're called) are just sitting back and waiting for our new box of tricks to be released, not a peep from any of us.

People who are interested in the XBox, myself and FM and a few others round here, are waiting quietly, without need for arguments and discrepencies.

I wonder why this is?

(Cue some extremly witty comment from Wookiee along the lines of "But thats becuase EVERYONE knows the Xbox is rubbish" :-))
Mon 10/09/01 at 14:32
Regular
Because the speed of the GPU in the Xbox had to be reduced because the P3 processor was causing the system to crash, due to it not being fast enough?

Due to the 3 week US delay ( only rumour at the moment)?

Due to the 3 month Japanese delay?

Due to the lack of a concrete UK release date?

Due to the lack of any major games to combat anything on offer on the other systems?

Or, due to the fact that neither of the other system's supporters are worried enough about the Xbox to argue with you?
Mon 10/09/01 at 14:35
Regular
Nah, it's not any of those things.

:-)
"High polygon count"
I just credit Xbox fans with enough intelligence to realise that you can't actually argue in favour of something which is not currently available. :-)

As usual, my input into the discussions has not been to say that PS2 is better than anything, just to defend it against blatant lies and other untruths.

And to point out to the Ninty's that everything they say is cack, and that nobody likes them, so nah!
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Yep. It's because they haven't actually built one that works yet.
Mon 10/09/01 at 14:45
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Because both Sony and Nintendo have proven track histories. Both companies have a back catalogue of consoles that are constantly compared and contrasted. You can make certain assumptions on behalf of both companies that you just can't do with Microsoft - well at least not with consoles. Nobody really knows what the GC will be like but when the company behind it is such an innovative leader in the field its not hard to construct some basic arguments.

Microsoft have never forayed into this territory before so trust me, the arguments will really begin when the X-box finally gets a release.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Rendering Women."
The reason you are not arguing is because you have nothing postive to argue with! Its really that simple.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:40
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I just credit Xbox fans with enough intelligence to realise that you
> can't actually argue in favour of something which is not currently
> available. :-)

As usual, my input into the discussions has not
> been to say that PS2 is better than anything, just to defend it
> against blatant lies and other untruths.

Yeah right! You always argue that the PS2 is better than the Gamecube, the same way I always argue the vice versa.
I don't slate the PS2. I sometimes point out disadvantages that gives the Gamecube the edge.

Why do we do it?
Well we're immature (BOTH Sonyphiles and Nintys),
And we need something to do while we wait.
(Nintys for the Gamecube and Sonyphiles for a decent game :-p - everyone makes jabs at consoles in jest!)

Why don't the Xbox followers get involved?
Well they do, not as heavily as us but they do put in the odd comment, normally favouring one side (like YH is normally against PS2 whlie FM is normally against Nintendo).

And there's all the other reasons like there's nothing real to argue about yet and most of them have a Dreamcast to play on while they wait.
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:42
Regular
Strafex wrote;
You always argue that the PS2 is better than the Gamecube

Thats probably because it is, but your little head wouldn't uderstand, but that doesn't make him a Nintendo hunter, he's got enough trouble running from Dringo these days. And anyway, I think I do enough to hassle Nintendo fans for everyone around here. :D
Mon 10/09/01 at 15:53
Regular
If you read what Wookie said, he said that he did nothing of the sort.
I know he doesn't start arguments over whose best, but if I said that the PS2 was good but the gamecube was much better, he'd argue.

My little head wouldn't understand why the PS2 is better than the Gamecube?

The top programmers at Capcom and Sega don't seem to either.
I wonder why?...

:-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.