GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda, technically, looks absolutely pfenominal."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/09/01 at 12:58
Regular
The animation and character models are superb, the overall look of the game is brilliant, whether or not the game should look like a kids cartoon is another debate altogether, but I have seen a few arguements debating whether the game looks good or not, from what I have seen, technically the game looks brilliant, although the footage I saw of the game was obviously from an FMV, as the camera didn;t follow Link, it showed shots of bad guys falling off the edges of stairs etc. If these are the in-game graphics however, it is lookinf very god indeed, technically that is.
Tue 11/09/01 at 08:21
They scrapped the realistic looks for the cartoon looks.
Tue 11/09/01 at 00:37
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
rik-rik wrote:
> http://cube.ign.com/previews/17012.html

What!!!
Thats the new Zelda game on the Gamecube???!!

With the Gamecubes capabilities!!!!!

I can remember seeing a video of Link and Ganandorf squaring up where the graphics were lush and the characters 3D.

Is that what has come from that lovely looking game a cartoon?

Or is there two new Zelda games?

I hope that it has a deep involing storyline to immerse myself in. :D
Mon 10/09/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Same as above^"
Wasn't there a zelda cartoon?

The games looks nothing like it because the cartoon was manga, if i'm thinking of the right cartoon!
Mon 10/09/01 at 21:49
Regular
Expect Orcarina of Time Gameplay only a bit faster and a bit smoother.

You can tell which parts are game footage because you see the hearts and the icons on the top showing your gear (like the c buttons did on the N64)

I think that it looks brilliant and smooth.
The animations especially.
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I hope the gameplay is good.
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:23
http://cube.ign.com/previews/17012.html
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:22
Regular
Gandoorf will run about with a big feather duster, to tie in with the kiddie nature of the game, and the Princess will be astonishingly cartoonily beautiful, becaue they are never ugly in children's fairytales.
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:22
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
*Yawn* - www.igncube.com
Go to previews, look for 'Legend of Zelda' and, somewhere in the preview it'll have the video from this year's Spaceworld.
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:20
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
What videos?
What website?

*Andy not being bothed to find out for himself*

:D
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:17
It looks like Zelda :A link to the past but in 3D because they use the same textures and colours.

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie shouldn't judge the game because until you've seen it in motion you haven't seen the game at all.
The only thing I hate is Links face. It looks too weird it's freaky. Imagine what Gannondorf or princess zelda look like!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.